1997 Dodge Caravan 7 passenger

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

1997 Dodge Caravan 7 passenger

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well my mothers car engine seized up and she has no vehicle to get around. So i told her that i would help buy a good reliable vehicle to get around with, we found a nice 1997 dodge caravan 7 passenger van and the owner is asking $4,000.00 but i got him down to $3,500.00. Looks like my bike building money needs to go to help my mother get a good vehicle, but i will be half owner since i am helping buy it. Have a pic of what the caravan looks like but the one we will be buying is red color not white, suppost to be getting it sometime this week hopefully then i will post more pics :o :D ;)

http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/ac135/Jonester_2010/
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: 1997 Dodge Caravan 7 passenger

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well i went to buy the 1997 dodge caravan with a chunk of cash and found out that the caravan has a big leak of oil coming out from the oil pan. So needless to say the van has no oil in it because the oilpan needs a new gasket put in etc, So i am waiting for him to figure out what he is going to do to fix the problem, i told him if i pay to fix the problem then the total cost of the repairs will be taken off the purchase price of the caravan. Will have to wait a little while to see what happens. Atleast it did run good when we first looked at it. :o :think: :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Well got the 1997 dodge caravan fixed it was minor repair, so i will be buying it on monday afternoon and will post a couple pics when i get it insured and at home. It has a 3.3litre V-6 engine so should be fairly reasonable for power and not so hard on the gas bill. It will also be very handy to get parts and full sheets of sheetmetal inside to get home etc. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well been a long and expensive day. I bought the 1997 dodge caravan and paid for 1 years worth of insurance, now i really need to get working to get more money saved up again for my bike build stuff and tools etc. I will post some pics of it tuesday, it was to dark to take any pics of it . It is fully loaded power everything plus air-conditioning new winter tires and new summer tires, so i think it was a descent deal for $3,500.00 :D ;)
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, here she is our 1997 dodge caravan 7 passenger. Family christmas present , i think it was a good deal and it is nice looking. There is only one area on drivers door edge that i need to fix of paint chipping with little rust but not a rotted out hole . Easy fix for me to do. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Need a big bow on top...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi railroad bob, it does have some surface rust and paint chipping in door and fender areas. But what do you expect for a 14 year old vehicle, i am going to do the bodywork on those areas so it will not rust out to big holes to repair. I have put some eastwood rust converter on the rusted areas to hold it till after winter then i will get it all fixed up. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “The Bull Pen”