posting youtube videos

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

posting youtube videos

Post by budoka »

i know the youtube tag is confusing, so to clear it up (or make it worse), i thought i'd tell you folks how to do it.

first, go to youtube and find a neat video that you'd like to share.

second, go up to the ADDRESS BAR in your browser and highlight everything that appears BEFORE the "&feature=" part. copy it.

third, start a new post here, click on the youtube button, and paste the address you copied in between the tags that appear.

hit the Submit button and you're done.

in the example below, the address shown when i found the video on youtube was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp238XV ... ture=feedf

and the part i copied in between the youtube tags was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp238XVLgM

and what you get is:

*NOTE* THIS IS NOT THE EMBED TAG OR LINK THAT YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE INTO AN EMAIL FROM THE YOUTUBE PAGE. THIS IS THE ADDRESS IN YOUR BROWSER'S ADDRESS BAR, MINUS THE "&" SIGN AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES AFTER IT.

clear as mud???

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: posting youtube videos

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Engine build.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thats a dam good idea i been gobing a tube of silicone in there to stop that leak always hateing it
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

hmmm, I dont see anything to delete...
no "&feature=" in my browser addy window at the top of window.

What I pasted is exactly what was in the address bar...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

seems to have worked..

The first time I copied the addy that appeared when I hit the youtube button "share", and pasted that in.
I'll use the browser address from now on.

Thanks for the tips Dan...
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

One more, just to doublecheck...

A song that fits the times.
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Yep works fine ....triple check

Thanks Dan
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

shoot, a post like that is all the thanks i need!

:banana-dance:

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Wonderful music, thanks
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

It Isn't youtube but you should enjoy this.

http://biggeekdad.com/2012/04/the-y2k-motorcycle/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Coolest cop ever playing drums in the woods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTnLVzI2q4
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Crazy Driver , road rage video

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

"And the cops did nothing !" Big suprise there ! These gentlemen should try a civil action against this moron AND the responding(?) officer !

I know a few of my old friends still living in TN and GA that would have dragged that fool out of his cage and stomped him flat !!!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

That would be good advise. Can't let this go. He will keep doing this ; at some point there will be casualties

Return to “The Bull Pen”