posting youtube videos

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Re: posting youtube videos

Post by gearhead1951 »

www.lindsaybks.com used to sell a book about that machine , It gave all the info and measurements to be able to recreate it !!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

gearhead1951 wrote:http://www.lindsaybks.com used to sell a book about that machine , It gave all the info and measurements to be able to recreate it !!
Crap, used to is the catch phrase. They no longer exist. Oh well, I snoozed.... :o
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=UJrSUHK9Luw

Doesn't have anything to do with building chops, but I guess there is a message here.

I'm into messages today. :think:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The Sound.Best at 1:20 of the video.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

sleepyonthree wrote:
gearhead1951 wrote:http://www.lindsaybks.com used to sell a book about that machine , It gave all the info and measurements to be able to recreate it !!
Crap, used to is the catch phrase. They no longer exist. Oh well, I snoozed.... :o

Luckily for us, there's these guys.

http://www.youroldtimebookstore.com/mobile/default.aspx
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

sleepyonthree wrote:

There is a Yahoo group named

Gingery Machines that focuses on building tools and shop equipment using the same methods that Dave Gingery brought back to life.
You might find something there.

There are several groups on Yahoo that have active membership that post homebuilt tools and shop equipment.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Shelby Cobra drifting... :clap: :clap:

in a living room!!!
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

did that once drunk on a sportster it was a blast till the people upstairs called the cops . dam nosey neighbors :doh:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

THE BIGGER THE BOYS...............!

What a hoot!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Here’s What Happens When A Truck Full Of High Pressure Gas Cylinders Crashes

Ever seen those rack trucks driving down the highway full of big gas cylinders filled with stuff for welders, medical supply, and other industrial applications? Ever wondered what would happen if one of those trucks was ever involved in a serious accident and burst into flames? Wonder no more because we have video that gives a first hand account of the horror that ensues. Right from jump street, this video goes off the rails.

The first thing you’ll see is the offending truck pass the camera car. We’re not sure if the truck driver is a maniac, if the brakes are out, if the throttle is stuck, but the driver plows headlong into another truck. The trucks are instantly destroyed, the gas tanks rupture and it is fire city. The camera car sits behind the truck for a moment and then the film cuts and we’re relocated to the other side of the highway looking at the truck from a still very unsafe distance and all hell starts breaking loose as the cylinders start exploding…one by one.

For the next three minutes there’s massive explosion after explosion, gas cylinders flying through the air, shrapnel landing within seeming arm’s reach of the camera, and people videotaping the whole thing. At one point a police car gets way up close to the truck and then reconsiders its position when the explosions start coming hot and heavy. It is incredible to watch the huge cylinders launch like rockets. Pay attention to the lunatic who is wandering around the scene on his freaking cell phone! Hey pal, you’ll get reception on the other side of the concrete wall.

We’ve seen the photos of how badly a little nitrous bottle exploding can mangle a car or a trailer and those things are juice boxes as compared to these big boys. There’s a mushroom cloud every time one of the cylinders blows up. We’re kind of amazed that the chunks of exploding bottle aren’t blasting out the windows of these people’s cars and stuff. The whole thing is totally surreal and we’re going to make sure we give every gas cylinder truck a wide berth on the highway from now on.

PRESS AND THEN DUCK! THIS IS ALMOST FOUR MINUTES OF EXPLODING INSANITY -

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FG1LGKieTx ... detailpage

Return to “The Bull Pen”