The New Biker Buildoff

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

The New Biker Buildoff

Post by gww25 »

I normally don't watch much TV but when I saw the Biker Buildoff thing I just had to watch. Missed the first thirty minutes but the rest of the show as actually pretty good, considering who the cast was. I found it extremely refreshing to see Jesse actually talking about real choppers for a change. It's been so long since the TV crowd built bikes that were real riders I figured that this show would be more of the same lame show bike stuff. Which it was from the two OCC groups. Jesse did a pretty good job of making a case for practical bikes as opposed to show stuff so I was pretty proud of him trying to make a case for those of us who build real bikes.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: The New Biker Buildoff

Post by curt »

its supposed to be a bike buildoff what the hell was that thing occ was building . i did like the idea of the stainless frame jessie was building .
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I watched the second episode and realized that we'd reached an all-time low in Chopperdom when Keith Ball voted for the Paulie Jr. abortion bicycle thingy. I think Jesse could build a bike if he found himself in my garage with my tool selection. Paulie Jr. and senior couldn't even get started if they had to work like I do. To my way of thinking that's what defines a real bike builder. Someday we will have a TV show of our own, showing what independent builders actually do on a day to day basis. Hope you guys and gals are up to it when it happens.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Maybe we should get a network to sponsor a bike build-off across the pond.... :think: I'd be happy to get into a build off with you guys :shifty: now that would get some attention :banana-dance: especially if I wore one of my corsets :naughty: :laughing-rolling:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Maz wrote:snippage :banana-dance: especially if I wore one of my corsets :naughty: :laughing-rolling: Maz xx
Hmmmmmm....!! Corset and a welding mask. I got dibbs rubbing on the 100 spf suncreen..... :evil: :evil: :lol:
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

sleepyonthree wrote:
Maz wrote:snippage :banana-dance: especially if I wore one of my corsets :naughty: :laughing-rolling: Maz xx
Hmmmmmm....!! Corset and a welding mask. I got dibbs rubbing on the 100 spf suncreen..... :evil: :evil: :lol:
My hero :banana-dance: :naughty: :snooty: :hand: :laughing-rolling:

Maz xx

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The TV show; good idea. I'm all for it.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I personally dont have a video camara what about a CC Utube channel of how too's & builds
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

i am up to do some videos on all 4 frontend builds and 3 frame builds(big twin, sporty, and jap)
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

curt wrote:its supposed to be a bike buildoff what the hell was that thing occ was building . i did like the idea of the stainless frame jessie was building .
JPool's a tool!
LowDoughBrokeAss
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm in school to be an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic. Getting interested in chopper building. Getting ready to buy an 80's Suzuki 400 (actually 440cc, but no clue what model) for $500, and I'm toying with riding it, while I build a chopper frame, and sticking the engine from it, in the chopper frame.

Post by LowDoughBrokeAss »

My personal opinion on the matter. I've got a hell of a lot of respect for Jesse James as a fabricator. I remember watching Monster Garage every Monday night, when I was in high school, and wanting to be on the show (Sadly, it went off the air before I turned 18). Later on, I became interested in his "style" of bike-building, and the equipment he was using (old iron, as it were).
Don't you touch that sumbitchin' boat. THE BOAT IS NOT A TOY.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I don't care what JJ or OCC can build....they don't know how to treat other human beings...I prefer our guys that put there shit together with just a few tools in an old shed, plastic-wrapped carport, or living room/spare bedroom.....that who has my respect !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

yona wrote:I don't care what JJ or OCC can build....they don't know how to treat other human beings...I prefer our guys that put there shit together with just a few tools in an old shed, plastic-wrapped carport, or living room/spare bedroom.....that who has my respect !
would a 25feet by 10 feet garage count????? :think: If so, then I'm in guys :banana-dance:

Maz xx

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Many people earn respect by accomplishments, and then lose it by their behaviour.
I don't care how good someone can build, if they don't treat others properly, they suck.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
gww25
Site Grandaddy

Post by gww25 »

I managed to wade through all 90 pages of the threads about the shows over on Club Chopper and what I found extremely interesting is that only 2 or 3 posters were old enough to remember Jesse on the Monster Garage. A lot of the posters thought Jesse has only been building for less than 10 years. They didn't even know how he got started or that he also built Rods. That kind of gives you an idea of what age-group visits most of the popular forums. I iamgine that a ton of the posters would not even know who Indian Larry was not to mention guys like Dick Allen. Maybe that's why they can't appreciate a bike that can actually be used on the road.

Return to “The Bull Pen”