dan's Christmas trip back to the States - 2011

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

dan's Christmas trip back to the States - 2011

Post by budoka »

hey folks, the details of the trip have been finalized and i've started being able to see what's what schedule-wise.

we'll be arriving Dec 22nd and leaving Jan. 1st. looking at the family schedule, looks like the best dates for me to do a get-together would be the 28th, 29th, 30th, or 31st. i'm gonna assume most of the folks who would be coming to our little get-together would already have plans for New Year's Eve, so maybe 28th, 29th, or 30th would be best? don't know what everyone's work schedules look like, but let's schedule it so as many folks as possible can make it.

also kinda depends on what i can do with my expired Driver's License, but i'll work around it one way or another.

so whaddya folks think?

-dan :obscene-drinkingcheers:
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: dan's Christmas trip back to the States - 2011

Post by railroad bob »

Would love to attend, but not this year as I'll be working thru the holidays again.
Another year possibly.

You guys enjoy yourselves, take :banana-gotpics:
so we'll know who the guilty parties are...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I won't be able to make it over to join you guys :sad: but I hope you have a great time and drink a few beers for me :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Travel safe, Dan. Enjoy the trip. If I was nearby I would like to meet up.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

28th or 29th for me - and YES, I'm coming this year! Maybe I can convince Jim to make the trip from Chicago.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

Wish I could make it your way Dan but not this year as it isn't in the cards. I don't know if you are interested but I might have a lead on several knuck basket cases over there in Japan. I will follow up if you want me to.

Have a Happy Holiday , have fun and be safe.

Scott
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

ok folks, it's definitely on the 29th at the usual place (i'll post a link to it real soon, like later today).

looks like attendees so far include:

myself & my OL
Indian Mark
Joechop

anyone else who could make it would be more than welcome. the more the merrier.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

here's that address info:

Buckhead Mountain Grill
35 Fairfield Ave, Bellevue, KY
(859) 491-7333

it's really Cincinnati, OH for all intents and purposes, but it's on the KY side of the river.

hope to see you there!
-dan
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Looks like I'll be picking up Todd on the way.
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

sounds great! so the new list is:

myself & my OL
Indian Mark
Joechop
Todd (what was Todd's username?)

come on folks, it's not too late to reserve your space for the event of the year (ok, maybe that's exaggerating just a *little*)

Jim, you know you wanna drive down from Chicago. it's what, 4-5 hours to Cinci?

-dan
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Todd Achten...
from Ohio.
Built an oven for powder coating and did Lamf's parts.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

LOL, thanks for trying to help me jog my crappy memory, Bob. i remember Todd very well though, he's come down to meet us both times we've done this, but i just literally couldn't recall what username he used to use.

i can just about remember, and it's drivin' me nuts.

-dan
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I wish I could be with you guys....maybe another year...have a great time and ride safe :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

damnit Dan... now it's driving me nuts! :doh: :angry-banghead: I got in touch with Jim - he can't make it.
joechop
Lurker

Post by joechop »

actually Dan - he used his first / last name and his avitar was a pic of a v-twin. I saved one of Mark's springer posts from 2006 and Todd posted to it...

BTW - what time on the 29th?

Return to “The Bull Pen”