Freebies

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Freebies

Post by joechop »

I'm conducting a little poll and would apprectiate honest input.

I'd like to know people thoughts on a company giving away free t-shirts at a promotional event, but has a "donation" jar on the table thus leaving it up to the individual to either take the shirt or take the shirt and drop a few bucks.

thanks all
joe
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Freebies

Post by budoka »

personally, i'd take the shirt and probably end up leaving more cash than they would've charged for the shirt - provided i liked the shirt, of course.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

The free shirt is for all those people that can't afford to buy a shirt....the jar is for the folks that like their products.....they will probably break even on the shirts and they get free advertising.....win-win !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

budoka wrote:personally, i'd take the shirt and probably end up leaving more cash than they would've charged for the shirt - provided i liked the shirt, of course.

-dan

unfortunatly most people arent like me and you
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jfnewell1965
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Chopper Handbook forum member. Fairly quite on the forums, but I have shared my plan design in the past (which can be viewed at www.jfnewell.com on the "Interest" section), as well as an internal throttle design I have played with (can be viewed on the same site).

Post by jfnewell1965 »

If they want to give it to me, I will take it....

If I want to have it, I will pay for it.

Return to “The Bull Pen”