Dangerous Bike

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Dangerous Bike

Post by railroad bob »

Here is the link...

http://www.dragzine.com/news/ebay-find- ... otorcycle/

And the comments in my buddies email...

You may have seen V8 motorcycles before, but this is way over the top. The engine is a 1971 Can-Am ZL-1 427-inch aluminum block big block Chevy with a 10-71 blower that force feeds this beast. It features a mechanical fuel injection system with a bird catcher and runs on gasoline...

and 2 pix... I wonder if anyone is nuts enough to buy this? I can see a builder riding it enough to prove it works, and to try attracting a buyer, but cant see any other attraction.
405225_10150620833535828_310837050827_11804602_1511669278_n.jpg
405225_10150620833535828_310837050827_11804602_1511669278_n.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
407691_10150620837730828_310837050827_11804641_1005173417_n.jpg
407691_10150620837730828_310837050827_11804641_1005173417_n.jpg (26.63 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Dangerous Bike

Post by yona »

Had this and the story in my old files....Looking at that seat, gives the meaning, " chestnuts ....roasting ". a whole new meaning !!!!!!!
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

gosh :shifty:

Even I'm not crazy enough to build something like that :hand:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

yona wrote:Had this and the story in my old files....Looking at that seat, gives the meaning, " chestnuts ....roasting ". a whole new meaning !!!!!!!
I thought the same thing when I saw the headers and seat so close together. Plus the chain on the right side, just a little cloth pulled in would suck a leg right into that shit.

This would be more appropriate for some survivalist after the big one, when everything has to be cobbled together by desperate people with bits found here and there, kinda Mad Max to the tenth degree...
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

;)
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

426in hemi drag bike. much better executed
mvalenti11
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Stubling thru my first chop. Gearhead knucklebuster at heart. Now I just saw that this was too short. 200 charachter minimum? are you kidding me? there is no way in hell I can fill up 200 characherts just talking about myself. I wonder if this is enough?

Post by mvalenti11 »

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.....
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I was more interested with the bike in the background
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

1978 I saw another hemi(396) in the same set up ridden by one crazy Quebec canuck screamin, thru Chattanooga on his way to Daytona ! I got to talk with him a bit at the KOA campgrounds in Valdosta GA ( which is how I know where he wuz from , the details of his bike and that he wuz as crazy as a sack of turpintined tomcats)
:laughing-rolling: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

gearhead1951 wrote:1978 I saw another hemi(396) in the same set up ridden by one crazy Quebec canuck screamin, thru Chattanooga on his way to Daytona ! I got to talk with him a bit at the KOA campgrounds in Valdosta GA ( which is how I know where he wuz from , the details of his bike and that he wuz as crazy as a sack of turpintined tomcats)
:laughing-rolling: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Yeah, every once in awhile a builder does something outrageous, thinking they are breaking new ground, like this one, and turns out it's been done before, they just didn't know about it.

Stopped at a shop in Phoenix that was just getting off the ground, had a nice big fab shop with several welders going at it, the VP let me look around a little. He said they were planning a custom to showcase their abilities, and were planning a chopper with tandem rear wheels cause no one had ever done one. His face fell a little when I told him I saw one in an old Super Cycle mag from the 70s.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”