New Magizine

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: New Magizine

Post by gww25 »

So far I've only received two articles from the members of this board but about 8 articles from members at other sites so what's going on here. I thought we were supposed the leaders in the garage-built movement. Anyway if you want something published then you have to send me something.
On another note those of you who want to be field reporters need to send me your ID information so we can issue Press Credentials before the show circuits start. We're still looking at the first issue to be printed for the Feb/March quarter and I'd really like to have something from this group to publish.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

working on it boss........

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

The bike on the cover; I have seen it in the past, I recall. Is the build covered in the mag?
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

That issue is just a mockup we had to submit along with our application for an ISSN number. The first public issue will have somebody we all know for the cover feature.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

This is getting really exciting :banana-dance: and probably why there is a lot less happening on the forum this week...... :doh:

Must finish writing my articles and stuff before the Editor finds out......... :think: ...oh :angry-cussingblack:

Maz xx

Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I thought you'd just do the centre spread.......boom boom lol

Iam wondering how we can get subscription?? And can we extend the invitation to others for input??
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Maxthegardener wrote:I thought you'd just do the centre spread.......boom boom lol

Iam wondering how we can get subscription?? And can we extend the invitation to others for input??
I'm sure Gary will let us have all the subs details etc as soon as he has everything set-up. As for the centre spread.....I think we need to "talk"......... :naughty:

Maz xx

BlueCollarMoto
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I take a lot of pix at parties of bikes and the people who ride them and post em up on my blog New Blue Collar Moto. I have a bunch of bike projects. 70 Ironhead, 79 Ironhead, 90 Sportster, 79 Triumph Bonneville, 78 RD400 Cafe Racer, 80 XT250 Cafe Racer, and a 74 CL360 Scrambler Cafe Racer. I have also been trying to get started with metal casting some of my own motorcycle parts in aluminum. One of these days...

Post by BlueCollarMoto »

I finally got my log in fixed here. Glad to see it up and running.

I'll pull some tec write ups out and send them to ya this week Gary.
One is a easy break bleed setup and the other one I've been working on with my 70 Ironhead kicker assy. I'll have to rewrite them both with new pix for a magazine context but I should be able to find the time to get at least one of them in to you by the end of the week. 2mb pix.
The new dot com blog! http://bluecollarmoto.com/blog/
The old blog>>> http://newbluecollarmoto.blogspot.com/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

...working on it Gary. Been busy this last month and just got back from a show this weekend.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

C'mon guys, I'm sure there are plenty of you with lots of lovely pics you want the whole world to see :think: and just remember, the first issue of a new magazine is automatically a collector's item so I would have thought you would all be queuing up to get featured :banana-dance:

This may sound like a silly idea, but if some of you have the pics and the tech details but just can't get the story together, then message me and I'll chat you through it.......we all need to get behind Gary and help him get this sucker on the road :dance:

Maz xx

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Setting up at home to work and as soon as I get this Austin Healey done ....i will be starting a start to finish build on a seat....from flat piece of metal to finished product, all with the average garage tools. Will even show how to make your own black dye. This will be a seat that will last for years ! I will take pics and try to put together a sentence or too, that will help in the completion of said seat. I will send the material to Gary to use as he sees fit !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

I'm not worthy - But I've gained so much here that I've just gotta give back somehow.
Additions to this rag is now posted onto my yearly projects list.

I could certainly share my experience, my humble beginings and how to get through them - building tools, learning how to make stuff so that I can make stuff... so far for me it's been about setting up shop.

but aready I've spent 20 minutes writing and re-editing this one post... last thing I need is more computer time.
Maybe I'll just stick to the facts.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

justin caise wrote:I'm not worthy - But I've gained so much here that I've just gotta give back somehow.
Additions to this rag is now posted onto my yearly projects list.

I could certainly share my experience, my humble beginings and how to get through them - building tools, learning how to make stuff so that I can make stuff... so far for me it's been about setting up shop.

but aready I've spent 20 minutes writing and re-editing this one post... last thing I need is more computer time.
Maybe I'll just stick to the facts.

You guys are just too modest - pm sent :banana-dance:

Maz xx

concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

My pictures seem to suck when it comes to quality pictures. My old shop lights have such a strong yellow spectrum. Right now I am making truing stands for balancing my new flywheels. Making four wheels on the lathe to press bearings into. My friend Ray up in Canada has led me in this project. He writes some great articles for the mechanicals on the V-twin and takes some great pictures. If you would like Gary, I can contact him. I am sure he would enjoy helping.

Scott
gww25
Site Grandaddy

Post by gww25 »

Any and all help will be appreciated. Most folks don't realize how hard it is to get a magazine off the ground, especially one that's actually going to be any good.

Return to “The Bull Pen”