New Magizine

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
BlueCollarMoto
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I take a lot of pix at parties of bikes and the people who ride them and post em up on my blog New Blue Collar Moto. I have a bunch of bike projects. 70 Ironhead, 79 Ironhead, 90 Sportster, 79 Triumph Bonneville, 78 RD400 Cafe Racer, 80 XT250 Cafe Racer, and a 74 CL360 Scrambler Cafe Racer. I have also been trying to get started with metal casting some of my own motorcycle parts in aluminum. One of these days...

Re: New Magizine

Post by BlueCollarMoto »

Check your email. I sent in a article. What ID info do you need other than full name? I'll send it to ya. A pic?
There is a cool chopper party with mostly home built stuff going on Friday. I'll be taking pix for the mag there. Should be able to get it in to you sometime next week. Or a few days later haha.
The new dot com blog! http://bluecollarmoto.com/blog/
The old blog>>> http://newbluecollarmoto.blogspot.com/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
BlueCollarMoto
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I take a lot of pix at parties of bikes and the people who ride them and post em up on my blog New Blue Collar Moto. I have a bunch of bike projects. 70 Ironhead, 79 Ironhead, 90 Sportster, 79 Triumph Bonneville, 78 RD400 Cafe Racer, 80 XT250 Cafe Racer, and a 74 CL360 Scrambler Cafe Racer. I have also been trying to get started with metal casting some of my own motorcycle parts in aluminum. One of these days...

Post by BlueCollarMoto »

Check your email. I sent in a article. What ID info do you need other than full name? I'll send it to ya. A pic?
There is a cool chopper party with mostly home built stuff going on Friday. I'll be taking pix for the mag there. Should be able to get it in to you sometime next week. Or a few days later haha.

-Don't know why this posted twice?-
Last edited by BlueCollarMoto on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCollarMoto
NewB

Post by BlueCollarMoto »

Also, how many pix per article are you looking for? I assume under 10.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

let's go fellas / gals - if we want to see this happen, we need to help Gary out with articles. In order to go into print, he needs a backlog, and right now that backlog does not exist. Gary - perhaps you can give us an idea of where you're coming up short... builds, tech, events - all of the above i'm sure, but what is priority? Gary - are there any reoccuring columns -tech, events, etc ?
joe
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

You should be able to delete one ...unles ther is a time limit or restriction or ask Dan to do it !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

If someone is interested in submitting an article on a build but not comfortable writing it. Complete the attached questionnaire and send it to me along with some pics and I'll write it for you (provided you give more than one liner answers). PM me if interested.

joe
Attachments
Article Questionnaire.docx
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

I sent Gary my article on the bike I built here a few years ago, my old school chopper built using the CBH. That is what inspired me to re-build my build thread. BTW I still need to write the final chapter of my build thread. I just got a new computer after my old one shit the hard drive, so I'm back online now. I would like to encourage everyone to send Gary some material for the magazine. It's still great to have a nice glossy paged rag to take into the shitter. I've yet to try balancing my laptop on my knees while taking a dump, but I'm sure it's been done! :D
joechop
Lurker

Post by joechop »

bump
Tigman
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: www.tanksbytigman Yo, it's me Dave..... frame builder and gas tank guy..... DBA- World Class Welding Mechanics... the tanksbytigman is just easier to remember and it's a catchy kind of name. Strictly web stuff ya know... my friends call me Dave....south shore MA. 20 miles south of Boston, MA. USA...... cheers

Post by Tigman »

Hi guys, I'm liking what I'm reading here... Hi Gary...long time sir. Krymis gave me a call the other day and we talked a bit and I told him I would get my lazy butt back on the discussion board. Thanks for the call Krymis.. I want to help with this writing stuff. I do so much building of all kinds of shapes and forms and it's not just based on Harley stuff. I know I'm a shop/biz but I am a one man band and it is in my backyard shop. Hope this qualifies. Currently we (couple friends) are building a Ridley trike using and old servi car rear end flipped up side down for chain alignment. Now this is Saturday stuff and isn't a customer build, it's for my buddies 66 year old aunt.... let me know, I can write... at least I think I can........
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

hey Gary, are you interested in having an ongoing writeup (maybe a series or something ) of articles concerning the trials and tribulations of rebuilding a drag knuck engine in Japan, and what i find along the way?

if so, i can get ya at least the story to date.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

Dan good to see and hear you are doing more with the knuck engne. Tigman as per me and Gary's conversation you are welcome to post anything as long as Dan is ok with it as it is his site. Gary voiced that you contributed a lot to the old board. Everyone should look at the sections and see if there is anything you can contribute. My hope is to make the magazine an extension of what is seen here and focus people here to what we are doing. Once again that is "MY" goal. You all do so many cool things that i spend hours reading and rereading posts. I would hope you all find this place and the handbook as useful as i have and do.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I do like on-going multi-part articles. We are receiving a lot of material but not enough to fill our goal of three issues (around 100 pages pages) before we go to press. Send in anything and everything.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Ok guys, I'm back and I've just put another article together for the new magazine....more to follow :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Any up dates on the mag?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I'm still getting articles and stuff for my column together and I know that Gary is still waiting for many of the promised articles from members etc......I really want to see this happen so c'mon guys let's do this :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Return to “The Bull Pen”