Missing old members

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Re: Missing old members

Post by joechop »

hey guys - what about that older dude John Barandon... was making a bike to look like bones if I remember correctly.

Some may be here but these are ones I can recall....

Chiliuno
Ranger11
Lynn Avants
jimmib
MechWerks
Drewcifer
Indy
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Member of the old board and just found everyone again. Fabricate my own parts and rebuild motors as a hobby. Latest project was a 95" upgrade to a twinkie with cams, jugs, pistons, rings, bearings, oil pump upgrade. Also did my own street head porting and posted to the old forum for some of the things to look for. I like to build high torque motors that come on around 1600 rpms and can pull to 5500.
My next project in the design stage is a twin cam hard tail with girder front end, 200 rear tire. Plan to fabricate everything I can.

Post by Indy »

BIGJIM wrote:Hey Bobby!
Dan,
I have the board on a hard drive from Weyland's era, unfortunately the computer it's in crashed, if I can recover the info, I will get it to you.
Dan, Jim
I might have a older copy of the board if you would like me to take a look to see if I had saved it. I am thinking it was also from Weyland's era.
ANyways its glad to be back and find everyone again.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

KleverKiwi.......He and I talked through emails but I will be damned if I can recognize his address in my oversized contacts list.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Drummer Clive and Jedi are both from NZ also. Possibly they might know each other?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
jim
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: retired,sheeetmetal worker have been a past member of chopper handbook completed my first build three years ago and posted pics on other board am interested in building another bike and would like to keep up with other members projects

Post by jim »

not that anyone has ever missed me,but im still here,just never post
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Ah, the quiet guy in the corner. Nothing wrong with giving someone an attaboy when you like some work of theirs, or a good tip
they provide. You might feel like it isn't contributing, but justa bout everyone likes to be complimented on their stuff.
But not required of course.
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

And, since we can't see ya, it's hard to miss someone we can't see, and never hear.
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Jacked800

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

JACKED800

Railroad Bob mentioned this lad in another string. He still has online pics of his build from around the time of Gary's old site.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Red said he signed up the other day and waiting for the door keeper to let him in ...LOL
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Haven't heard from Dukie...
How's he doing?
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Indeed bob....and luke, wonder if he built that container workshop...gets married ....and disapears..lol.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

Yona, i just let him in, LOL. sorry, but we're at the end of the school year here so i've been a bit busy. well, that and the fact that the wife was in the US all last week on a business trip.

anyway, he's in now. should see him around directly, i hope. i know i missed him.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Dukie was up to see me in the last year ...seems like end of last summer...I will see if i can locate him !
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

mechwerks, jimmib, and a luke are here , just not posting ......Click on members at top right and check ...send them a PM and wake their ass up !!!!!!! ; )
redintn
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Where to start, was a member a few years ago, wish Gary was still around.
I have a Trike build on here somewhere maybe. I know things change and hope this is for the better. Got kicked out of the shop I was using for my build a year ago this month. Noe it sits under a trap under a tree. No where to build sucks. On a good note I did get My Son into and out of welding school. He is still looking for work, damn jobs are hard to find for a young man. Daughter dropped out of collage, She is working and likes Her job. My OL is still mean as ever and I still love Her more and more everyday.
I dont know I my build made the move, not a big deal, Dan and Bigjim I did get the invite in my email.
Thanks for yalls time
Jeff
redintn

Post by redintn »

budoka wrote:Yona, i just let him in, LOL. sorry, but we're at the end of the school year here so i've been a bit busy. well, that and the fact that the wife was in the US all last week on a business trip.

anyway, he's in now. should see him around directly, i hope. i know i missed him.

-dan
I dont know if I want to be a member of a place that would let the likes of Me in :shock:
How the hell yall been.
Been a wild year for me, lost the shop I was building in, long story.
Mt Trike has been sitting under a tarp under a tree for a year now.
No place to work on it and no time, money is another thing.
All and all life is good.
My family is doing well, Dad had heart trouble but doing better now, Mom had back surgery and got strung out on pain pills and did not know she was.
We laugh about it now but for a time we thought she was full blown Alzheimer's.
She is back to her old self now.
Well thats about all for now,
I will drop in from time to time as I get back on my Trike.

Be Safe
redintn

Return to “The Bull Pen”