Missing old members

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
chop20041
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was a member before when weyland hosted this site and bought CHB #1 when it first came out. I do not have an email address other than yahoo or hotmail. My email at work is on a secure server so I cannot get any email sent there from outside the company. I really want to be back on but dont know how. Railroad bob met me personally and knows I am not a scammer. Hope the admin gets to read this and can reply to me thanks. Ruben Rodarte in valentine AZ

Re: Missing old members

Post by chop20041 »

I figure I post in here rather than starting a new post to say hello.

Glad to have found the site again and glad to be back. I had been a member when it was hosted by Weyland, then BRM but lost you guys after that. This is the best site and community for fabrication and knowledge exchange by far. Glad to be back.

Life has been tough, (but when isn't it I guess) Since I moved here to Az the job situation has been feast or famine. Right now I am very fortunate to be employed as a test rider for Harley Davidson at the proving grounds in Yucca. I recently lost my father and that has been tough, but I completely dedicating myself to restoring my old gas station on RT 66 and opening it as a motorcyclist/ tourist hangout and doing a lot more metal fabrication.

Thanks guys for having me back and hope to share my success and failures with you all.

Ruben R. (chop20041)
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I remember your invite and pictures of the gas station site. I just moved the CBH operation to Texas and I was keeping an eye out for your property as I was traveling thru Arizona. I know what you mean by the economy as that's the main reason I moved. Keep us up to date on your projects. I lost my Dad a few years back so know what kind of change that can be. Glad to have you back here.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

That time frame seems long ago now.

We did Rte. 66 in March, from Oatman to Winslow, the tourist thing.

Az is a beautiful state.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

What's really sad is that they have blocked off so much of the old highway. I remember only about 10 years ago that you could still drive on the old road unimpeded for almost it's full distance and now it's just a few miles every so often. Our government doesn't really understand or appriciate American history anymore.
They may come to regret this laspe in memory at some point in time.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I think they call it ................progress.. ;)

Shame, was looking forward to the grand tour some day
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

chop20041 wrote:Life has been tough, (but when isn't it I guess) Since I moved here to Az the job situation has been feast or famine. Right now I am very fortunate to be employed as a test rider for Harley Davidson at the proving grounds in Yucca. I recently lost my father and that has been tough, but I completely dedicating myself to restoring my old gas station on RT 66 and opening it as a motorcyclist/ tourist hangout and doing a lot more metal fabrication.

Thanks guys for having me back and hope to share my success and failures with you all.

Ruben R. (chop20041)
Reuben, glad to see ya here man!!! Sorry to hear about your dad, mine is gone now also. Congrats on your job.
I've seen your energy first hand, I'm sure you'll keep making progress with your goal.
Hope to see you at your place again someday. Kinda tuff to get there from Alaska.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Knuckle
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: yup, it's me! Ain't had much to do with forums after the CHB and still been building helicopters up till spring. Now have my own shop called Choppers R Us. Do you use Skype? My acct is dogonit. Don't have it? You should as it is a great way to advertise too and it's linked to facebook, etc for milllions of potential customers. Anyways, now that I see that you (Gary) are back in the saddle, thought I'd drop ya a line and catch up ~later~ Knuckle

Post by Knuckle »

Holy crap! I was lost, but now I found this ol' furum....what's up? Gary, Ya still alive? :auto-dirtbike:
gww25
Site Grandaddy

Post by gww25 »

I'm still mobile but a lot of folks think I'm dead. Sure glad to have you back ol buddy!
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Since people only want high dollar , name-brand seats, and the custom car biz sox...I took up building surfboards and kayaks again....Man, these kids have got some money...will be doing a custom see-thru board for a local breast cancer charity....
This is a old style hollow wood board...
This is a old style hollow wood board...
board in the house 009-1-a.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
After nose and tail ...will be 9' 3"....
After nose and tail ...will be 9' 3"....
one side done 006-1.jpg (112.89 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
ya'll keep a building, as i need my scooter fix still...will check in once a week..... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

adapt and survive. looks good!
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Who was it on here that was building a work shop from three old freight containers ?

I'd just like to know how it turned out ! :popcorn: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ya i remember that from the old board too i wonder how it turned out too that was a good post
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I went thru the members list here, but nothing jumped out at me. I can't remember either.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Good idea Hans...I just did the same thing...Wasnt it the dude Named Luke?I thought it was a really cool shop he was building.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Jeff , you are probably right about Luke. He was hiding all the wiring, it was looking good.

Return to “The Bull Pen”