Missing old members

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
bobbydeville
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Bobbydeville, forgot my password unless I just forgot to register before. Good to see the sight back up. I'm a maint. tech. many years of welding and fabricating. Still buildin bikes at my own pace. Still sell my one off oil bags from time to time.

Re: Missing old members

Post by bobbydeville »

I’m here again 😎
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yes, I remember you from earlier posts. :=)
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

bobbydeville wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:41 pm I’m here again 😎
heya Bobby! good to see ya around and still kickin!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I'm alive and well. Sometimes I feel like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest tho.
Lotsa life changes, like everyone else.
I'll try to be more active, no promises.
I saw Gary moved to Nevada from Texas, and has CBH up again.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

Good to see ya brother! glad to hear you're still kickin' around (even if it's on one leg sometimes, LOL)
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

So, just to let folks know, it seems some fake fact checkers on FB have had their feelings hurt too many times by the truth, as espoused by me. :D :D :D (I was recently told by someone they think of me as having no filter!)
I was kicked off last year, and informed I had to provide a gov issued ID to prove my identity.
Well, my state drivers license apparently wasn't good enough, so I'm not active on FB anymore, which doesn't really break my heart, imagine that.
I did check in once in a while with others, and I'm wondering how Big Jim is doing. Haven't seen him post here and he used to be very active.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
lamf
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: it's me, gary a. from michigan ... haven't logged into the handbook forum fro a while ... tried to login in under my lamf screen name ... can't get in ... ??? ... let me in dan! ... you there big jim?

Post by lamf »

Wow, great to see people are still poking around on here. Lotsa names I haven't seen for years. Good on you Budoka for keeping it alive. Surpised my username and password still worked.There were some great builds and people on here. The bike is still running. Attached a few pics Be well everyone. Gary.
20230101_150841.jpg
20230101_150841.jpg (365.7 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
20230101_150810.jpg
20230101_150810.jpg (457.39 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
20230101_151543.jpg
20230101_151543.jpg (400.27 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
息をするたびに人生を知る
Iki o suru tabi ni jinsei o shiru
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

Good to hear from ya Gary! and good to see the bike is still running well too. you built it for many miles/smiles and it is indeed providing both i see.

i don't get online so much anymore, and i almost never remember to take photos of the projects i've got going on in the garage, but this place will be here as long as i can possibly keep it going.

three good looking fellas in that last photo!
-dan

Return to “The Bull Pen”