Missing old members

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Missing old members

Post by BIGJIM »

LAMF
REDINTN
And more, anybody that has an old members addy, send them here!
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: Missing old members

Post by Jeff L »

Pretty sure Ive seen LAMF post on the JJ.A member search will probably bring him up.Cannt say Ive seen Red post anywhere, but I dont go on to many boards.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

REDINTN and LAMF show up on CW under search but REDINTN hasn't been there since 04-28-2011 10:37 PM

and LAMF hasn't been there since 06-06-2011 09:29 PM
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I'm not sure if Chopper Web is really still working or not as almost all of the threads are ancient and I've posted some stuff that never even showed up after I submitted it so I finally just gave up after after not receiving a reply to my emails to the admin. I've also posted at Club Chopper and it says the posts have to be approved by a moderator but they never show up either so I'm figuring that I'm probably blocked for some reason. I never was very good at the political stuff between various boards.
Finding some of the old members would be great just so we could see how their projects turned out after some time on the road.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

this is the only board worth watchin anyway people are real and projects are real its the only one i go to
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

I have thought about Jaxon and Weyland often. It's a been over 2 years since I have talked to Jaxon. Had some good board discussions with those two. I hope all is well with them.
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

Irish is here. I need to find my old build thread. What happened to it?
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I was wondering about Dukey and his "Evo-Twinky" build.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

Unfortunately the bad thing about discussion boards in general is that they are a lot like local Bars in that you visit the place and make friends and then either you move away from the neighborhood or the friends move away so everything is basicly temporary. Sometimes, as in our case the board itself gets moved around and reconfigured and you loose your visitor base. That's just the nature of the Internet. After the main site went down I was almost on the verge of not even trying to get it back up and running as the task seemed to huge to even contemplate. It's hard trying to recreate, retreive and remake about five years worth of material. Thankfully my friends from the original board helped make it possible and a lot of these people just don't really care to participate in discussion boards even though they drop in and read the threads.
It would really be great if we could someday retreive all the project logs as they contained an incredible amount of excellent technical material that has never been posted anywhere on the web. It may take years to get back to where we used to be but I don't think that's really all that bad considering that a lot of us have had to shut down during this economic dump the government took on us. I know several old board members who don't even have an internet connection anymore as they simply can't afford it at the present time or that they're living out of tents right now and I'm serious about this. Some of the friends I made here are in deep shit right now,: how deep depends on where they live but a lot of people are really suffering and a lot of small shops are now gone. These are pretty bad times for anybody but folks involved in manufacturing and fabrication are especially hit hard. I've sold off all of my tools, even my bender which to me was like a family member so having to do that is some indicator of how bad things have been for me and some of my friends are in even worse straights right now. Kind of hard to log into a discussion board when your hanging on by your fingernails and I imagine that's where a lot of our old freinds are right now.
If Dan can keep the board up and running we'll eventually get everybody back together but it'll take time.
I'm not a political person but I do believe that this country has been sold down the river by both the democrats and the republicans and I'm right on the verge of getting out in the streets since the folks in Washington don't seem to be getting the message from us working class people.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Dukey came up once and talked about a seat , but changed his mind and said he would do it himself....some of the people at the Horse know of Weyland , but ain't telling (Did Blaksmith ever get his stuff back...?) Jaxon lost hi bizz, but has recovered and Has a new place...Is a friend on my FB page, Metalsmith's....Like Gary said, some are wading thru too deep shit, to post.....I will send Jax's the new link.....will see if Duke and I swapped any emails...
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

IRISH wrote:Irish is here. I need to find my old build thread. What happened to it?
hey Craig, good to see you man!

sorry to say, but the old board was so huge and fragmented that it was killing the host server and we had to start from scratch. that being said, as soon as i can get the time, i'm gonna do my best to get the old board back up in a "read only" fashion, since we're on a pretty powerful server now. at least that way, everyone's contributions over the years won't be completely lost.

i do still have all the database and photos, so it's not lost per se. it'll take quite a bit of time to reconstruct, and with me working 6 days a week it'll be a little while, but as soon as i can, i will give it my level best.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

Hi Dan,

It's good to be back! I understand completely!

I know you have other things to do! I really appreciate your taking on the board and keeping it going!

I've been lurking over the past few years and watching your posts and blog, it's great to see what you've been doing with the knuckle and all the stuff going on in Japan.

Thank you for all you have done and do for the chopper community!

Craig
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

budoka wrote:hey Craig, good to see you man!
-dan
I'll second that, nice to see my ZZ Top buddy back.
Sent a PM...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
bobbydeville
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Bobbydeville, forgot my password unless I just forgot to register before. Good to see the sight back up. I'm a maint. tech. many years of welding and fabricating. Still buildin bikes at my own pace. Still sell my one off oil bags from time to time.

Post by bobbydeville »

I'm back :)
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Hey Bobby!
Dan,
I have the board on a hard drive from Weyland's era, unfortunately the computer it's in crashed, if I can recover the info, I will get it to you.

Return to “The Bull Pen”