Missing old members

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: Missing old members

Post by Maxthegardener »

RailRoad bob still about Hans or is he off Bear hunting??
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Iwasthinking about him too Max.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Hi guys,

I haven't logged on in a long time, been busy working away from home for many weeks.

Glad to be back on, and looking forward to seeing all the cool shit that has happened.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Glad that Big Jim, started this thread. Hope all works out well for everybody in the coming year. Gary, hope things turn around for you down in Texas. Your knowledge is your most valuable asset. Safe and prosperous New Year, all.
drgnrydr
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Gary
I am re-registering. It has been a while since I was last to the site. I believe I was registered as drgnrydr before. I am another of those ones from Ontario lol. I have a vw trike that is a dragon theme. I am also in the middle of a 45 servicar 70's chopper type thing as well, king queen seat, 10 over girder stroked to 55". I hope I got my school email right, I dont use it much.

Post by drgnrydr »

I have been away a while, hurt, retraining... book learning isnt as easy as it used to be 35yrs ago lol. I didnt even know the site had gone down until yesterday when I went to show a buddy the " best bike building site on the web".
I see my build log is gone, no biggy, still at it anyway.. or rather not much has changed with it. Super Bob's too, riding buddy.
Hosedragger has trike axle plans up, must mean ya built the trike.. have to have a look for the build.

Good to be back. Thanks Gary for putting it back up.

p.s. where is biker radio?
Bob Freeman/DrgnRydr
BTW ONTARIO

" Don't believe every thing you see!! "

CUT! WELD! RIDE!
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Ken gave up biker radio. :sad:
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

What has Ken been up to? I haven't seen him on the board in a long time.
drgnrydr
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Gary
I am re-registering. It has been a while since I was last to the site. I believe I was registered as drgnrydr before. I am another of those ones from Ontario lol. I have a vw trike that is a dragon theme. I am also in the middle of a 45 servicar 70's chopper type thing as well, king queen seat, 10 over girder stroked to 55". I hope I got my school email right, I dont use it much.

Post by drgnrydr »

BIGJIM wrote:Ken gave up biker radio. :sad:
That sucks, I thought it was awesome!!
Bob Freeman/DrgnRydr
BTW ONTARIO

" Don't believe every thing you see!! "

CUT! WELD! RIDE!
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

He's on my facebook, I'll give him a shout. :mrgreen:
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

How about Zuezdog? He was doin some inspirational stuff.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Zues popped up on CW awhile back. He sold his bike to one of the other members (I think it was Rod) to finish. Sounds like he's doing okay.
Sporties Rule
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

That is a nice build..like the front end on that, tried to get in touch with Jaxon, not much success :cry:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Maxthegardener wrote: tried to get in touch with Jaxon, not much success :cry:
I think Yona stays in touch with him.
SuperBob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Well yous all know me from the last board. But I'll refill my profile again.
Glad to see the board is back.
Hopefully my project build is still here.
Work as a custom fabricator.
Live near Port Dover home of the famous "Fri. The 13th" yearly event.

Post by SuperBob »

Howdy y'all,

Glad to be back.
Been busy with the new job, family and all.

The bike is doing not so great. Last year decided to rebuild the big bore engine.
This was the original engine I used for the build.
Bought an aftermarket gasket kit. Piece of crap after being told it was the best on the market.
Missing rubber "o" ring sleeves and a valve cover gasket. Also the MLS (multilayer steel gasket)
was suppose to prevent retorquing the head after the break in period.
Well that didn't happen. Oil leaking from the head gasket. Retorqued and still leaks.

Sooo, this year I'm replacing the head gasket with a well known brand, (Wiseco)
Also swaping out the transmission shafts and gears from the spare stock motor I have. Bottom end feels a little loose.

I'll be posting pics and notes of last years engine rebuild and this years headgasket and tranny swap.
Hopefully this will happen in the next week or two in the projects buils section.

In the mean time, I'll try and visit a little more often as time permits.

Glad to be back,

SuperBob
Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
10K or 6mi from Port Dover. Home of the "Friday The 13th" yearly event.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Maxthegardener wrote:That is a nice build..like the front end on that, tried to get in touch with Jaxon, not much success :cry:
Jaxon said he was going to get in touch... !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “The Bull Pen”