URGENT - INTERNET CENSORSHIP THREAT

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: URGENT - INTERNET CENSORSHIP THREAT

Post by railroad bob »

rudog wrote:So what are you guys fighting for? A return to our unalianable rights or merely to slow the decay?
Snippage.
After the things are torn down, what will rise in it's place?
Not my view at all. My actions are for preservation of civil liberties and personal freedoms that are in place now. I have a list of 60-70 people that I email about
issues like this one. I have web sites I look at for news you will not find in MSM. I subscribe to newsletters that inform me about issues.
In the emails I send, I frequently add the option to stop receiving them. No one has requested to be dropped.
I took the addy of one friend off the list because he gets so worked up he responds inappropriately. The last response he sent, it seemed he was close to accusing me of racism.
It was so chaotic of a response, it was hard to decipher, so I took a 2 day breather, mulled it over, and decided the best thing to do was to stop sending him the emails.
I don't want to alienate people, just inform them of what I perceive to be serious dangers to our lives.
Sometimes I donate cash. Not often, I can't afford it, but if something is serious, and the organization is legitimate, then I might.

I think more and more people are becoming aware of the dangers, the persistent chipping away, and are slowly rising to action.
I try to point out that passive attitudes will consistently reduce our freedoms, and I ask if that is the legacy they will leave to their descendants.
I don't want to tell my granddaughters how nice this country used to be, when you could go where you wanted to, could own a firearm and protect yourself,
could talk freely about your concerns about the actions of the authorities. I want them to enjoy the same things we do.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't think that is good enough to fight for.
And I get off on pissing in their wheaties, so to speak.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

railroad bob wrote: ...
I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't think that is good enough to fight for.
And I get off on pissing in their wheaties, so to speak.
Many good points and topics in that last post. Without wanting to sound vain, "I" think these things ARE worth fighting for. It just makes me sad that people are willing to settle for what we have left, instead of for everything that is rightfully ours.

This war has been going on for over 100yrs. In that time they have been systematically taking down the very fabric of this nation. If we as a nation can tear down the patchwork that has replaced Spirit of America and replace the original threads....ALL these fights go away and we can get about the buisness of living.

I eat CoCo Pebbles!
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

It's been a long time since the phrase "Stick it to the Man" was used, but it crosses my mind occasionally as an example of worthwhile endeavor...
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Sounds like ...America's showing the first stages of limes disease

I eat porridge, with salt and a shxt load of sugar.......coco pops?... Wheaties?.....not a mans breaky :lol:
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

railroad bob wrote:..."Stick it to the Man" ...
Social Justice?
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

For those unfamiliar with the phrase, Stick it to the Man...

The Man used to be street slang for cops, especially undercover, the Establishment, figures of Authority, etc.

Pissing in their wheaties and stick it to the man are references to civil disobediance to authority.

Oatmeal with cinammon, brown sugar and raisins for me, or "gruel" as I refer to it.
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

I thought you looked familiar. :D
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

http://www.realecontv.com/page/9064.html
Go to the website and subscribe.
Go to the website and subscribe.
SOFA.JPG (31.24 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
When the video is at 11 minutes, pay very close attention
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Your all wicked an Iam going to live in clearwater
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

Max, you crack me up.
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

The recent shutdown of the site MegaUploads and the arrest of the top officials proves there is absolutely NO REASON
for SOPA or PIPA. The DOJ already has all the laws it needs to investigate and prevent piracy.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”