URGENT - INTERNET CENSORSHIP THREAT

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

URGENT - INTERNET CENSORSHIP THREAT

Post by railroad bob »

There are 2 bills pending votes in the US. SOPA & PIPA. These will cause censorship of the internet for the
benefit of large corporations at the expense of the consumer.
How?
You will not be able to look for products on craigslist or similar sites, and be forced to purchase new from,
you guessed it, the large corporation.

I highly recommend the US citizens here research this for yourself, and then contact your federal legislators to protest.

You can go here to find the web site for each senator or representative.
http://www.opencongress.org/
Each of those sites have ways to contact your reps.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to my 3 reps.

Dear Senator Murkowski,
I am contacting you to inform you I am strongly opposed to the recent SOPA/PIPA legislation.
These bills are nothing more than Internet censorship that benefit large corporations at the expense of the consumer. The possible consequences to the consumer from this extremely troubling legislation are immense. I believe that any politician who supports these will also suffer from the negative impact on the consumer.
I urge you to oppose SOPA and PIPA.

Respectfullly,
Robert Davidson
Fairbanks, Alaska
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: URGENT - INTERNET CENSORSHIP THREAT

Post by railroad bob »

More..
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Eng ... A_blackout

A short prelude to the entire content on the link above.

To: English Wikipedia Readers and Community
From: Sue Gardner, Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director
Date: January 16, 2012

Today, the Wikipedia community announced its decision to black out the English-language Wikipedia for 24 hours, worldwide, beginning at 05:00 UTC on Wednesday, January 18 (you can read the statement from the Wikimedia Foundation here). The blackout is a protest against proposed legislation in the United States—the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) in the U.S. Senate—that, if passed, would seriously damage the free and open Internet, including Wikipedia.

I used to be one of the guys that ignored stuff like this, thinking someone else would deal with it.
Well, I woke up, looked around, and realized that no one can do it alone, it takes a group effort.
I've realized that our freedoms are under attack, and i am pissed off and damn tired of it.
I am NOT going to be the passive fool watching my rights disappear one by one.

If you don't think it will happen, take a look at other countries.
The current administration likes to look at Europe for social answers. Well guess what. They aren't doing so hot.
Several are almost bankrupt because of the expensive social programs. The financial status of France has just been downgraded,
Greece is in the process of being bailed out by the Euro community
Gun rights are extremely restrictive or virtually non-existent.
The UN wants to control worldwide personal ownership of firearms, and by control, I mean, not allow it.

If you think this is not appropriate for a biker site, think again.
Bikers are the very epitome of freedom. How long before the feds start jamming strict enforcement of noise laws down your throat.
How bout some neighborhoods blocking motorcycle riding there.
We've already experienced unreasonable legislation in some forms. Remember what a hassle people have had getting their choppers titled and registered?

This censorship of the internet is like the book burnings from several years ago.
When I was married, my OL came home from church one day, and wanted to haul my rock and roll albums to a burning session.
Well, I still have my albums.

I know I'm ranting, but this is important people. Wake up.
THERE HAVE BEEN 35 VIEWS, AND NO COMMENTS.
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

"I feel your pain", Bill Clinton.

Why the quote? Words don't mean shit. I know you are sincere in YOUR words. And, I love that you express yourself, and are aloud to...here.

Speaking of myself, I'm tired of fighting. Been fighting my whole life and didn't even know what I was fighting for or against till recently. I suppose, once I identified it, I realised I was just beating myself up. You can't help those who don't want help. I can clean an area and move forward only to find a mess right behind me.

I quess that's their whole point...a military strategy in the attrition of wills. When I carried concieled, I entered every confrontation with the thought, "Is this worth killing them?" I put up with alot of shit and totally pissed them off by smiling. What no one knew is that I was just waiting for them to cross a line and I would end them.

I think the appathy that most exibit may be similar. We are just letting things get to the point that we can legally, morally, and ethically...SNAP.
Bud
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Old Lurker with too many likes to mention here. This is the this site to be, if you are a creator of just about anything. Metal work and machining, paint art, and many more the list goes on and on.it's good to see and also to have a place to showcase the talent is often been displayed here.the skills that are shared here are well-rounded and vast, almost like a one-stop shopping for your brain.

Post by Bud »

Dead On Arrival: SOPA Shelved Indefinitely, Obama Succumbs to Pressure, Issues Official Veto Threat. http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/d ... n_01152012 Right on Bob
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I subscribe to Brassche@k TV.

I am on their mailing list.

Quote.....

" According to the Anonymous website, they are a decentralized
network of individuals focused on promoting access to information,
free speech, and transparency.

According to many governments, they are a group of criminals to be
sought out and arrested.

To many of the disenfranchised they are the bee's knees.

To others, they are terrorists.

Here's how CNN wants you to see them..."

Video:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/6630.html

Unquote.

:angry-cussingblack:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I can relate to Ted Nugent's POV. Strongly.

This is one I agree with.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... t-be-bold/
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Sorry if I came across a little strong, but when there weren't any comments about such an important issue,
I thought I was back in the Twilight Zone again, just me, all alone, against the world powers,
but ready to do battle, wupps, wrong forum...

Thanks for the replies.

I cannot sit passively watching and waiting. If I do, I'm worried that I might be the one who "snapped". I'm beginning to understand the guy in Texas who flew his plane into the federal building.
So I find a productive outlet. And I, also, smile when people give me shit, and watch the line to see if they cross it.

Bud, thanks for the link, good to see ya here. Hope things are well in the desert.
Hans, that is a good link also, still waiting for the vid to DL, but I subscribed also.

And now, a quick weather report, I have frost on the hinges of my entry door, the screwheads on the deadbolt and doorknob have frost on them, the hardware on the overhead doors is frosted and the window has ice and frost around the glass next to the weatherseal, I have been cutting and splitting firewood today to keep from burning all my home heating oil, which is going for $3.74/gallon, cause I ordered 200 gallons today, and they are taking orders for a week away.
I took a picture of my thermometer sitting at -52F below Zero, but it was blurry cause my hand was shaking.
This cold snap has been here for almost a week, with temps hovering (hovering??? maybe I should call it submerged) near a steady -40F with ocassional short excursions into the steamy negative 20s F range
(can you say "Jungle Boogie"?). (Kewl, 4 punctuation marks in a row)

Enjoy your weather, I guarantee it is better than mine.
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Its a very interesting topic Bob.......I can see why authorities would want some "control" but being spoonfed bullshit, by the recognised media day in day out has been the way of the world for a very long time, and used to its maximum effect by the powers that be...to see finally that there is an organisation that can give some comeback is quite refreshing....although way too powerful for the powers that be....I know in Britain, we have an organisation called socca or something like it, that trawl the internet for darstadly dealings, but this is all clandestine stuff, but that I think is more directed at the populus than the institutions like banks, parliament and the like...

The collective power of something like "Anonymous" must create panic in the minds of those who use the system to benefit their own cause or organisation.....

anyway hope you get through "the cold snap""..............fxxxxxxxxxxxk my freezer don't go that low...looking out for you on "Ice Rd Truckers"
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Bud wrote:...Right on Bob
I think that said it right.
Bud
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Old Lurker with too many likes to mention here. This is the this site to be, if you are a creator of just about anything. Metal work and machining, paint art, and many more the list goes on and on.it's good to see and also to have a place to showcase the talent is often been displayed here.the skills that are shared here are well-rounded and vast, almost like a one-stop shopping for your brain.

Post by Bud »

Don’t trust the government to not reintroduce SOPA
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I agree with Bud on this one. If Sopa gets shot down the establishment will just reintroduce it a little later on under a new name, disgused under a ton of other legislation and then pass it in closed session some friday night before a holiday like they do with about 100% of the other crap they ram down our throats.
I've been ready for the revolution since 1967 but I don't think it's ever going to come about as most folks are just to comfortable with things as they now stand and don't mind a little nibble here and there into their rights so long as it takes place over a long period of time.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

gww25 wrote: don't mind a little nibble here and there into their rights so long as it takes place over a long period of time.
"insidious" ...........That's how these pricks roll.........
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

dropa frog in hot water and he will leap out instantly , drop a frog in cold water and then put it on heat and by the time he realizes he is in trouble he is soup !!

:laughing-rolling: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

That's exactly what the establishment counts on and they do it eacn and every day. Have you ever noticed how candy bars are getting a little smaller every year but the price stays the same? The Feds and the State hacks and the big businesses they support thrive on this type of deception. A penny here and a penny there starts adding up to big money and that's all our overseerers are interested in. It's our collective responsibility to throw some rocks into those governmental cogs every now and then to keep these crooks in line.
rudog
Conventioneer

Post by rudog »

These problems need to be fought. Thank you for fighting FOR me.

We started with nothing in 1776 and aquired everything with the Constitution. Every lost battle since then is lost freedom and rights. So what are you guys fighting for? A return to our unalianable rights or merely to slow the decay?

The interesting fact is that the ideas that are attacking our way of life can only, and do, originate here in the states. They must be exported in order to grow and be refined. Then those ideas come back as an assault on our freedom.

All I'm asking for is to spend a little time getting to know your enemy. It's the hearts and minds that need to be preserved. Rage and anger go along way toward destruction. The spirit of America should be about building. After the things are torn down, what will rise in it's place?

Return to “The Bull Pen”