1980 Z28 Camaro Restoration

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

1980 Z28 Camaro Restoration

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well been quite a while since i have posted any bike building progress pictures. Have been really busy doing a ton of bodywork jobs and working on my camaro restoration work. Juggling all my projects, hahaha Here is a couple pics of my progress. :D :dance:

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0337.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0335.jpg
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: 1980 Z28 Camaro Restoration

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, Well i have been looking to find a big workshop to buy or rent to use for my car restoration work. I talked to a good friend and he just built a while ago a big workshop, he said i could use one area in his shop to work on my projects anytime i want as long as i keep it respectfully clean and organized. So going to be towing my camaro into his shop sometime this week or so, then i will take some pictures when it is all setup inside. Going to be alot easier to do the restoration in a nice shop with cement floor to jack it up and take engine plus transmisssion out of it. Going to be a good year to get things done. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

great news Thomas :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks maz, my buddy is being real nice to let me use his fairly big workshop to do my projects . Going to be alot easier to work on my camaro in there with a nice cement floor to jack up the car, hopeing to get my camaro into the workshop sometime real soon when he is free to help me get it inside. Here is a few pictures of his workshop. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0354.jpg http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0353.jpg
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Nice building.You have heat in there?With all that white stuff on the ground,I hope so.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi Jeff, my friend does alot of work in his big workshop so i am not sure about heating or not. We will see when i get the camaro all setup inside to work on, then i will check with him on power outlets and heating etc. Beggers cant be choosers as the saying goes, alot better than laying in a pile of ice and snow trying to do the work. I will take more pictures and maybe make a video of it all when organized. :D :banana-dance:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

A pic of the camaro, got it all ready to move into big workshop. Once i get it in there then there will be major work done to restore it. :D :clap: :dance: Image
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Been Busy Thomas......Good luck with that...any more on the bender?
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, hows it going. Been real busy with bodywork jobs plus getting my camaro restoration work going, so darn cold outside hard to get much done as i would like. The jd2 bender is still waiting for me to get my ass in gear to finally complete the air hydraulic ram mounting, and get trying it out to see how well it works. Progress is slow but i will be getting back at it hopefully soon when weather warms up a bit more. :D :pray: :auto-biker:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

That rather freakin sexy :shock:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Very nice car man, not exactly my color but still kick ass. I am planning on painting my camaro a real nice dark blue with the front hood and trunk lid silver to make it really look great, i have alot of work to do on the bodywork to get to the painting stage. Will post alot more pictures as i make more progress. :D :dance:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Here is a few pictures of my camaro bodywork parts all setup on worktables, cutting out rotted sheetmetal and makeing patch peices to weld back in. Alot of work ahead of me yet. :doh: :D :obscene-drinkingcheers: [img]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0368.jpg[/[IMG]http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0372.jpg[/img]IMG]
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Been doing this for a long time..... have lots of links to the best Chevy parts and panels, if i can help, let me know...Do not let soft endura front noses sit on anything for long , just the change in day to night temps will let them sag out and you will play hell getting them to fit back on the car ...i make t-bars out of EMT( 1/2" ) and use them for stands on each end, add a cross bar and then flatten about 2 inches of the tube on so short pieces, drill holes, bolt them on and lay the tube on the cross bar and tack on each side....one for every mounting hole, you want no movement ! I always cut the welds on the short pieces and re-use the stand or break it down for storage...a couple or 3 sticks of emt will go a long way !
here is one of my FB pages..... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metalsmi ... 0142846696 ..... Have pics of a 69 Firebird 400 vert in there !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “The Bull Pen”