Ride the Loop

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Ride the Loop

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I am in Ormond Beach near Daytona right now. I won't be here when Bike Week is on. Damn! I Will need to come back next year.

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Ride the Loop

Post by yona »

There is a old hard ass Marine named Grumpy, that lives in a trailer park close to the American Legion, of the corner of US 1 and SR 40. if you are sitting in the parking lot and look at the Shell station on the corner (west)....the street that comes off 40 runs by the parking lot ...go to the corner to your right and go almost to the next cornerand turn left into the trailer park and he lives in a trailer on the right, 4 or 5 in....has an old Chevy trk(early 90's) and his bike of choice are FXR's...usually has a couple of baggers...he can show you parts of Daytona and the best bars that you would never find by yourself. A good person to know ....I am right up the road in Jacksonville, if you need anything or you come this way...have a truck and tools...plenty of welding equip .....
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Went to Bike Week once, not interested in another.
Too many people, too many crazy riders, too many accidents, too many freaks looking for trouble.
Very nice area tho, I'll trade you some -45F weather and throw in some boot to change places...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

yona wrote:There is a old hard ass Marine named Grumpy, that lives in a trailer park close to the American Legion, of the corner of US 1 and SR 40. if you are sitting in the parking lot and look at the Shell station on the corner (west)....the street that comes off 40 runs by the parking lot ...go to the corner to your right and go almost to the next cornerand turn left into the trailer park and he lives in a trailer on the right, 4 or 5 in....has an old Chevy trk(early 90's) and his bike of choice are FXR's...usually has a couple of baggers...he can show you parts of Daytona and the best bars that you would never find by yourself. A good person to know ....I am right up the road in Jacksonville, if you need anything or you come this way...have a truck and tools...plenty of welding equip .....

Yes, I was planning on calling you. I can't come all the way from Vancouver, and not make contact. PM me your ph. number, pls.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

railroad bob wrote: Very nice area tho, I'll trade you some -45F weather and throw in some boot to change places...
Yeah, Very nice here.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Good talking to ya last night ....looking forward to the "Meet & greet "....!!
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yona, good to chat with you too. Call you when I'm on the way. Thanks.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

So I went to a bike shop in Ormond Beach today, and saw a discontinued "Legend " frame. 38 deg., 4" backbone stretch, 6" downtube , RSD. Not really the style I like but $599. Includes stretched tank, internal strut fender , top M/M., Swingarm style.

Shipping will be abt $300. To Seattle. Then I will have to pick it up cross border abt 2 months from now.
I dunno. :confusion-shrug:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Tempting, aint it..

You could buy it, build it, and then try to sell it in a bad market to a limited customer base. Or ride it anyway.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I guess it's all about the experience for now. I haven't built a complete bike yet, so whatever the outcome, this frame or mine, its a go.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

If I can help, let me know....there are a lot of ways to drop shipping cost...there is a UPS office about a 1/8th of a mile away... i could come down and get the frame and then see what the minimum of packing needed and i could ship when you are at home and ready for it !
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

yona wrote:there is a UPS office about a 1/8th of a mile away... i could come down and get the frame......
Many thanks for the offer of help. I will call UPS from here tomorrow and let you know the result.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Just had a great meet and greet with Hans.....Man, it was my pleasure to be able to meet someone from this site...I just about talked his ear off in the short time we had....LOL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Yeah, I'm pleased we did meet. This is something I'm going to try more of. I'm going to Texas in 11/2 weeks . Maybe I can hook up with Rudog.

What do you think of this..

http://www.es-salmonleather.com/
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

:D looks fishy to me :D

Return to “The Bull Pen”