Ride the Loop

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: Ride the Loop

Post by yona »

Seamed materials come apart , especially if you put your ass on them ...LOL....and they tend to be pricey....Would have to have a sample to see if it can be laced, as I don't sew, glue, or pop-rivet anything together...
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I needed a left side turn signal lense for the Buell. They are the same as BMW, Ducati, etc., I'm told. Went to the dealer ...$13. They would need to order one. Drove around the corner to a *used parts* shop, and got the whole thing for $5.

Lots of good new and used parts here, & complete bikes,etc.
DSCN0697 (640x480).jpg
DSCN0697 (640x480).jpg (176.35 KiB) Viewed 657 times
So... if you are in the area, and need some parts, have a look here. You will probably save some bucks.

DSCN0699 (640x480).jpg
DSCN0699 (640x480).jpg (175.93 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Hows the build doing Hans, and are you breaking the buell up to use it in your chop??
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Hi Max;
I will have been away from home for 9 months as of Mar. 25th, so nothing was done. I want to get on with it, but I won't be stripping the Buell. I'm going to leave it as is, and use a big twin 5 spd. setup. So once I get back, I can start bolting on some parts.
UHWHAT?
UHWHAT?
DSCN0703 (480x640) (375x500).jpg (188.08 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

That shite isn't lost in translation.... :lol:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Makes sense....considering the Capt's name....LOL
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

hahahaha..you guys are sick..lol.

"Pleasant Breezes" would not have been the same.

Return to “The Bull Pen”