CJ Allen Engraving Classes

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
BlueCollarMoto
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I take a lot of pix at parties of bikes and the people who ride them and post em up on my blog New Blue Collar Moto. I have a bunch of bike projects. 70 Ironhead, 79 Ironhead, 90 Sportster, 79 Triumph Bonneville, 78 RD400 Cafe Racer, 80 XT250 Cafe Racer, and a 74 CL360 Scrambler Cafe Racer. I have also been trying to get started with metal casting some of my own motorcycle parts in aluminum. One of these days...

CJ Allen Engraving Classes

Post by BlueCollarMoto »

I figure these classes may be up someones alley on here. Looking forward to meeting the guy and doing an interview for the new Chopper Builders magazine when he comes to Long Beach this year. I've had a friend or two who have taken the class and they said it was a blast.

Some of CJ's work.

http://cjs-engraving.com/
The new dot com blog! http://bluecollarmoto.com/blog/
The old blog>>> http://newbluecollarmoto.blogspot.com/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: CJ Allen Engraving Classes

Post by Jeff L »

That is some beautiful work
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

One thing about engraver that use western foral type designs.....I can match them in leatherwork for seats or bags !!
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I noticed the design is like the work I've seen on western leather, belts, saddles, but I never thought of combining them on a bike.
That's a damn good idea Yona. In these days, design ideas can be worked out on the phone and Inet, and
bags and saddles are easy to mail.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

But no one wants to pay unless you have a big name i have spent 80 hrs on a seat and people want it for e-bay prices...materials cost up to $250, good lace that doesn't break is expensive....If you say that you use leather on both side and no pop-rivets, as I did on a leather site, the big names come out of the woodwork and smoke your ass...I have got to be gun shy on some sites.... I have bought parts from a lot of people and only 3 have bought seats from me and i have never made over $500 for a seat and I donated that seat to charity and that was the bid price....I want to do a seat and tutorical type build for the mag, but I am full up right now ...hoping for some slack soon ! Damn , sorry for the hi-jack !!
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “The Bull Pen”