'nother new guy

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
chengdave2003
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm retired military (U. S. Coast Guard) and I've been riding Harley's for almost forty years. Currently I have a 87 FXR and a 83 FXSB. I also have a small machine shop in my garage where I make various parts for Harleys (mostly extended idle adjustment screws for Keihin and S&S carbs)....

'nother new guy

Post by chengdave2003 »

I'm Dave (AKA chengdave2003) - I'm retired military (U. S. Coast Guard) and have been into motorcycles since 1973 (actually earlier if you want to consider mini-bikes). I've been into Harley's since 1974 when I bought my first one, a brand new 74 XLH (sold it when I joined the military as I couldn't afford the insurance anymore). SInce then I've owned, or still own, three other Harley's. I bought a new 1979 FXS and rode it for over twenty years before I had to sell it due to a divorce. I've now got a 87 FXR and a 83 FXSB. I also have a small machine shop in my garage where I make motorcycle parts, mostly carb parts such as extended idle screws for Keihin and S&S carbs.

Dave
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: 'nother new guy

Post by Jeff L »

Nice stuff dude...I bought a small lathe... Still havent found the time to learn what Im doin.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
chengdave2003
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm retired military (U. S. Coast Guard) and I've been riding Harley's for almost forty years. Currently I have a 87 FXR and a 83 FXSB. I also have a small machine shop in my garage where I make various parts for Harleys (mostly extended idle adjustment screws for Keihin and S&S carbs)....

Post by chengdave2003 »

Practice, practice, practice. My lathe is a 50+ year old South Bend....

Jeff L wrote:Nice stuff dude...I bought a small lathe... Still havent found the time to learn what Im doin.
Early Iron
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've been building and working on motorcycles for over 35 years, I own a bike shop and I am a tool & die maker. I'm into old motorcycles more than new ones, and am also into old machine tools. I mostly build my bike from old parts or parts that I make.

Post by Early Iron »

Welcome, I bought an FX back '79 also, stroked it to 88" in '80, it was a fun bike wish I would have kept it but it was a choice of keeping it, or my '40 Knucklehead and the Knuckle won out.
Mark.
chengdave2003
NewB

Post by chengdave2003 »

I rode that Lowrider all over the world. When I was active duty I brought it with me when I transferred, and I would also put the bike on the ship when we went to foreign ports. I rode it in Guam, Tinian, Saipan, Palau, Pohnpei, not to mention all over the states including Hawaii and Alaska....
Early Iron wrote:Welcome, I bought an FX back '79 also, stroked it to 88" in '80, it was a fun bike wish I would have kept it but it was a choice of keeping it, or my '40 Knucklehead and the Knuckle won out.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

chengdave2003 wrote:Practice, practice, practice.
I here that.I cannt wait to start.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Welcome dude, get some :banana-gotpics: posted as soon as you can :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

chengdave2003
NewB

Post by chengdave2003 »

I've attached pics of my bikes I have or had. The first is my favorite, a 1983 FXSB (I'm in the process of replacing the primary belt at the moment, along with some minor upgrades). The second is my 1987 FXR....a really beautiful running bike. Third my 1979 FXS...picture was taken while I was stationed in Guam. And last is my first Harley, a 1974 Sportster XLH....

The FXR and the FXSB has a lot of parts that I made on them.

Dave

Maz wrote:Welcome dude, get some :banana-gotpics: posted as soon as you can :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Attachments
1983 FXSB (taken 2011)
1983 FXSB (taken 2011)
1983 Harley FXSB (right side).JPG (152.11 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
1987 FXR (taken about 2009)
1987 FXR (taken about 2009)
1987 Harley FXR1A.JPG (246.53 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
1979 FXS taken in Guam (about 1994)
1979 FXS taken in Guam (about 1994)
Harley Lowrider FXS 1979 circa 1994 Guam.JPG (174.27 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
1974 XLH (taken about  1976)
1974 XLH (taken about 1976)
Harley Sportster XLH 1974.JPG (53.44 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Last edited by chengdave2003 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Nice :clap:

Now let's see you chop one of em :dance: :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Welcome to the site, and thanks for your service as a Coastie. Alaskans have a high regard for
the folks putting their ass on the line for us as we work and play in dangerous environments.

Beautiful bikes, I like 'em all.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
chengdave2003
NewB

Post by chengdave2003 »

Thanks...I did a tour in Ketchikan.....BEAUTIFUL country up there....absolutely loved it....

railroad bob wrote:Welcome to the site, and thanks for your service as a Coastie. Alaskans have a high regard for
the folks putting their ass on the line for us as we work and play in dangerous environments.

Beautiful bikes, I like 'em all.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

welcome
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hi there, also a big welcome to the forum. Very nice bikes also. :D :auto-biker:

Return to “The Bull Pen”