tattoo idea

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

tattoo idea

Post by Dan.in.Can »

i've been wanting to get a v-twin tattoo for a long time now, but hav'nt been able to find a pic that i really like. if anyone has a pic they think would be good, i'd be interested to see it.
if you have two or three wheels and a smile on your face then its all good
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: tattoo idea

Post by yona »

Here are some Shovel stuff... a Fatso..... Google V-twin or Harley and click on pics...
Attachments
Fatvo.jpg
Fatvo.jpg (98.75 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
shovel.jpg
shovel.jpg (18.88 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
99.jpg
99.jpg (206.73 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
shovel.gif
shovel.gif (108.51 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

a pic specifically of the v-twin engine or do you mean "v-twin" motorcycle oriented?
Dan.in.Can
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Dan, i'm 28 years old and i live in Ontario Canada. i grew up in an old school house that my dad fixed up out in the country, just outside a very small town called Hillsdale. i spent most of my childhood working at the farm up the road, so i guess you could say im a country boy. school and me never quite saw eye to eye, not that i wasn't smart enough, but i had a big issue with authority, so i ended up dropping out of highschool to start working in construction. spent about 6 years as a general contractor, but most of the work was in Toronto and i got tired of commuting. now i'm a heavy equipment operator, i spend my summers diggin holes, and my winters plowing snow. i do everything from floating equipment and driving truck, to digging basements and installing septics. I also do quite a bit of maintinence and repairs on our trucks and equipment. thats where i learned to weld (mig & stick) as well as basic mechanical and fabrication skills. i've been with this company for 6 years now. i've been married 7 years now, and we have 2 boys 10 and 12 yrs old. i spend as much of my spare time out on the bike as possible. im riding a F model VTX1800, i try to get away on at least one long trip every year. last couple years me and the guys have rode to north carolina, i love those mountain roads. I've allways dreamed of building a bike, but never thought it was actually a possibility untill i found the CBH website. i read through the OSC build and it completely blew me away, i then read through every article on the site and now i'm a huge fan. everything from the attitude and idea, to the work thats done is fantastic. i'm starting my first bike build real soon, ive got my bender die ordered from jd2 and i've started building the CBH bender. even just skimming through this message board provides more usefull tech knowlege about choppers than the entire web. now im chasing a dream, thanks CBH.

Post by Dan.in.Can »

yona wrote: Google V-twin or Harley and click on pics...

thanks yona, ya i've googled the hell out of it, but looking at a thousand pics they all start to blur togeather. just hoping someone might point out something great that i may have otherwise passed by, or possibly a personal pic or drawing.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist

Post by Dan.in.Can »

joechop wrote:a pic specifically of the v-twin engine or do you mean "v-twin" motorcycle oriented?

ya v-twin engine, or a full assembly. but really if you had something moto related that you thought would be a cool tatt, post it.
piecing togeather a sleeve, so i'm allways looking for ideas.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Dan.in.Can wrote:i've been wanting to get a v-twin tattoo for a long time now, but hav'nt been able to find a pic that i really like. if anyone has a pic they think would be good, i'd be interested to see it.
Several kinds, flatties, knuckleheads, panheads, shovelheads, evos, twinkies, hondas, guzzis, etc...
Just the engine, with an emblem, just the title, etc.

Are ya looking for something in particular, or just some v-twin.......

You'll like it better if you define it better. The tattoo artist can do a better job if you give them definite guidelines.
And speaking of, I wouldn't let just anyone sling ink on my hide. After all, it's permanent, and you'll want to show it off sometime, I assume.
Best if it's something you're really proud of, that you put some thought into, and chose the best to do it.

I have 3 and like 'em all, but I was lucky on the first one, just walked in off the street and picked out some flash off the wall. Fortunately, I was on the Pike in Long Beach,
where the swabbies went, and it was a clean shop with a real pro behind the gun. Nothing special, but I like my Zig-Zag man, mostly for the memories.
The other 2 were by Larry Allen in Anchorage, and he had already had some work featured in the national magazines, and was recommended to me by a friend who had some work done by him.
The right shoulder was taken, so I had an Evo done on my left shoulder, with short header pipes and flames coming outta them. We talked about another idea I had for a custom piece, and while I went to lunch, he drew a design for me.
The one on my right forearm is two connected blue music notes with flames coming off the tops. Has a music staff colored like an Aurora Borealis winding around
behind the notes, with tiny keyboards crossing the staff. Peeking over the top is the top half of a green bass clef.

Larry did a super job, I'm really happy with both of them
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Dan.in.Can
Tourist

Post by Dan.in.Can »

railroad bob wrote:Several kinds, flatties, knuckleheads, panheads, shovelheads, evos, twinkies, hondas, guzzis, etc...
Just the engine, with an emblem, just the title, etc.

Are ya looking for something in particular, or just some v-twin.......
right now i've got two that i'm seriously thinking about, one is a twin cam 96, the other is a evo. i decided this was going to be my next piece a year ago but cash flow required a waiting period so i've had alot of time to think about it. at first it was gonna be my 05 VTX1800, but i think i'll like the more iconic look in the long run.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist

Post by Dan.in.Can »

railroad bob wrote: I wouldn't let just anyone sling ink on my hide. After all, it's permanent, and you'll want to show it off sometime, I assume.
Best if it's something you're really proud of, that you put some thought into, and chose the best to do it.

very true, i got my first one when i was 16, lucky the guy wasn't a total hack but he was sure no pro. first clue shoulda been when i walked into the shop with no appointment and sat down right away, the guy i use now is usually booked for at least a week.
Neo Dutch
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Intereseted in all thing motorcycling, particularly modifications folk do to their bikes. Admire quality design and workmanship. Not so keen on bolt-on parts, but they have their place in the world. Not everyone can be a master machinist, welder or spray painter, but that won't stop me from trying. Great admirer of master engravers and have been working hard for several years to improve my skills in this most difficult of crafts. Also enjoy pin striping, and am fairly good at it.
Favourite food is Spam. Here's some good recipes www.pinheadlounge.com/neodutch . Kill Flanders.

Post by Neo Dutch »

Richie Pan is the motor master.

The tell tale tickle of ashphalt on the sagging underbelly of my lowered expectations.
Dan.in.Can
Tourist

Post by Dan.in.Can »

nice. was that done in one sitting?
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Dan.in.Can wrote:nice. was that done in one sitting?
Sincerely doubt it. Just a small 4 inch tat can take a couple hours, depending on detail and color.
Something this large, a full back will many hours to do.

This is an intricately detailed piece with subtle shadings on the colors, and shadows adding to the 3D effect.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I knew a lad back home with a knuckle between his shoulder blades. About 1/3 the size of the one here. This one is too big. There is no room to add other items if desired.

His was just right.
Neo Dutch
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Intereseted in all thing motorcycling, particularly modifications folk do to their bikes. Admire quality design and workmanship. Not so keen on bolt-on parts, but they have their place in the world. Not everyone can be a master machinist, welder or spray painter, but that won't stop me from trying. Great admirer of master engravers and have been working hard for several years to improve my skills in this most difficult of crafts. Also enjoy pin striping, and am fairly good at it.
Favourite food is Spam. Here's some good recipes www.pinheadlounge.com/neodutch . Kill Flanders.

Post by Neo Dutch »

Yes it was done in one sitting.

This tattoo is not "too big", it's exactly the size that the wearer (George the Painter) wanted it.
The tell tale tickle of ashphalt on the sagging underbelly of my lowered expectations.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Yeah but not like Jersey is the next town over for him.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Return to “The Bull Pen”