Diesel engine producton bike

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Diesel engine producton bike

Post by railroad bob »

New from Germany (of course), a turbo diesel engine motorcycle...

http://www.neander-motors.com/motorcycle.html
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Re: Diesel engine producton bike

Post by gearhead1951 »

I been reading about that engine , Two cranks and rod sets and two cylinders , Each piston has two rods(one from each counterrotating crank)which eliminates all vibration and piston side loading !
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

gearhead1951 wrote:I been reading about that engine , Two cranks and rod sets and two cylinders , Each piston has two rods(one from each counterrotating crank)which eliminates all vibration and piston side loading !
All that mass probably helps the torque numbers...
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

railroad bob wrote:
gearhead1951 wrote:I been reading about that engine , Two cranks and rod sets and two cylinders , Each piston has two rods(one from each counterrotating crank)which eliminates all vibration and piston side loading !
All that mass probably helps the torque numbers...
That and the 1400cc's of displacement !!
:lol: :auto-dirtbike: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

SEEMS PRICEY

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

They won't sell too many in my neighborhood for awhile.

$140,000.00 ??
$140,000.00 ??
NEAN.JPG (106.44 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I guess they want their research investment back quickly, like in the first year sales.
$140K X 60 = 8.4 mill per year.
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

they must be related to occ :laughing-rolling:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Neander(thal.....OCC.....what's difference......????????
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “The Bull Pen”