New computers

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

New computers

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, well been working with my nephew to build me two powerfull computers. Wanting a solid workstation for running a good auto cad programs to design my bike parts and all other projects. He has finished building them, and i just finished paying him for them today. He builds computers for a living, and gave me a superb deal for the two machines. Total cost seven hundred dollars, he gets all the computer hardware and software for dirt cheap prices. I will post up some pictures when i receive them in about 3 to 4 days. Going to be awesome, when i learn how to run the programmed machines. :D :dance:
War Tribe
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a serious chopper lover and want to learn how to build them from scratch. I'm not all about those bling bling tv riders you see on American Chopper. I follow Jesse James' work ethic and attitude towards bikes.

Re: New computers

Post by War Tribe »

any pics of the new death machines?! i'm anxious to see what those cad destroying beasts look like! i'm also interested in knowing what you had put in them.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Helo there, not exactly sure what my nephew put in them for hardware. But he built them with all high end power components. He put in huge hard drives and max memory, i also just purchased from a high end auto cad designer the software that you can design everything from bike parts to car parts and beyond. Got a great deal only thousand dollars for the software and its capable of 2d and 3d dimensonal views etc. I will post up some more pics soon when it is all completely setup with everything. Got alot of learning to do to run it all, waiting for the auto cad software to arrive from new york city. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

jonester123 wrote:Helo there, not exactly sure what my nephew put in them for hardware. But he built them with all high end power components. He put in huge hard drives and max memory, i also just purchased from a high end auto cad designer the software that you can design everything from bike parts to car parts and beyond. Got a great deal only thousand dollars for the software and its capable of 2d and 3d dimensonal views etc. I will post up some more pics soon when it is all completely setup with everything. Got alot of learning to do to run it all, waiting for the auto cad software to arrive from new york city. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Hello Thomas, been a while man. A suggestion from someone that has been using Acad for over 20 years. Check with your local community college and see what they have for Acad classes (this will also allow you to get a student version of Acad for a couple hundred bucks). Acad, especially 3d has a very high learning curve. Another thing is that 3d is neat to look at and can give you insight when designing something or for cnc purposes, but is not practical for shop drawings. 2d is all you need for shop drawings. What version did you buy? $1000.00 is about 1/3 the price for a full version of Acad.
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....

Return to “The Bull Pen”