making a big move

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
War Tribe
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a serious chopper lover and want to learn how to build them from scratch. I'm not all about those bling bling tv riders you see on American Chopper. I follow Jesse James' work ethic and attitude towards bikes.

making a big move

Post by War Tribe »

I'm moving back home to Tennessee in August. I've lived here in Indiana for the last 16 years and my ex-wife and I moved to TN back in 2000 but that only lasted 3 months until she got homesick and I gave in and we moved back. So now that I'm finally divorced, I'm going home to be around my family and friends.

But i was wondering if there are any current members of the compendium that live in TN and know of any shops looking for help. I am trying to lock down a job before I move so can walk right into it without much interruption. I have a place to live and I know the date I'm moving so now i just need employment. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can fill you in on my job and education history if you need it. Thanks!!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Re: making a big move

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Where ya goin' in TN?
Sporties Rule
War Tribe
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a serious chopper lover and want to learn how to build them from scratch. I'm not all about those bling bling tv riders you see on American Chopper. I follow Jesse James' work ethic and attitude towards bikes.

Post by War Tribe »

To my hometown of Loretto. It's about 10 minutes north of the TN/AL state-line. And that's just temporary. I plan to get a place closer to Nashville or Murfreesboro. I don't mind driving a ways if some shop will take me on. But I'm really open to just about anything right now, as long as it appeals to me.
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

My folks live in Savannah...
Sporties Rule
War Tribe
Tourist

Post by War Tribe »

Savannah, TN? I think I've heard of it before. I believe it's on the way to Memphis, am I correct?

I just looked it up and yep, I was right. It's in Hardin County which is just west of Wayne County, which in turn is right next to Lawrence County where I'm from. Very cool!! There's some pretty famous people from Savannah, most notably Elizabeth Patterson who played on I Love Lucy. I didn't even know that and I watched the reruns as a kid because I enjoyed the show.
Ghostrider61
Lurker

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Just got back home from visiting them over the weekend through the 4th. Hot as balls it was...
Sporties Rule

Return to “The Bull Pen”