everyone ok?

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

everyone ok?

Post by budoka »

i'm sure we've got members in the storm area. so, is everyone ok?

Curt, you keepin' your head down?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: everyone ok?

Post by Jeff L »

We are pretty far inland.Felt more punch from Irene than this storm.Coastline got hit hard though.Went outside around 10 last night, & at 40 miles from the shore,my wife said she could smell the salt in the air.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I was wondering about Yona . Florida seems to be alright.

I am flying to Maui out of Seattle tomorrow.

I saw someone that looked to be Maz's sister had a collision with a power pole about 15 feet above the ground. I will post a picture of it later.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

we came out ok...just some water in basement and shop.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

good to hear, man. water in the basement and shop sucks bad enough though. hope it dries out soon for ya.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Iron Sticks
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is John, I'm a union electrician in NY. I own a Honda VTX1800 Motortrike. I'm currently building a custom Covington/Mystery Designs trike. This will be my first ground up build and trying to get as much information as I can to make this project go as smoothly as possible.

Post by Iron Sticks »

We're all good here. Wind was amazing, a lot of trees down here but getting cleared up. Lost power for about 24 hours.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window of a moving car.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

good here just some downed powerlines from the wind not much watter in my area luckily just got power back on today thanks for askin dan
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Looked mental on the TV :shock:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:I was wondering about Yona .
We just got a lot of big surf....... :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

We just had some wind and rain, not as bad as they predicted.
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Jim Sawyer wrote:not as bad as they predicted.
Dreends where you're at brother.I just got sent to work in North Jersey for Hurricane relief.Let me tell you, its a fuckin mess.And Im not even in the towns that got wiped out.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

Jeff L wrote:
Jim Sawyer wrote:not as bad as they predicted.
Dreends where you're at brother.I just got sent to work in North Jersey for Hurricane relief.Let me tell you, its a fuckin mess.And Im not even in the towns that got wiped out.
True, very true, for us, It wasn't as bad as they predicted. Down state got hammered hard.
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

So NH not so bad, but I'm gettin tired of these 3-6 day blackouts... I mean power outages. Blackouts are a different thing entirely. :P

Thanks for askin.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

We've got bad damage here. Houses and buildings destroyed. Burned out houses. People with no power or heat. many folks living on the street. But that's just a typical day in Detroit. No actual storm damage though.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Good for you. We get it Indian Mark. Third world experience?

Return to “The Bull Pen”