Motor dilemma??

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.

Motor dilemma?

100 inch Crazy Horse Indian motor $5000
47%
80 inch Harley Davidson black and chrome $3000
47%
other advice, ideas??
5%

Total votes: 19

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Motor dilemma??

Post by curt »

at least theyre finally going off the air
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

The end of and era....that ended long ago.
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Is that a sprocket on the FRONT wheel??? WTF???
Sporties Rule
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Something like that, along with some worm gear spokes.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
BigBoy
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: 33 Yr old Mrine Veteran. I ride a 2000 FXDX. From the great country of Texas. I was a member of the prevoius chopper builders Handbook forum. I also have purchased the chopper builders handbook dvd. I am looking to build a new frame or two for my Twin Cam A motor and trans.

Post by BigBoy »

Killer Bike. I like the how it is well thought out and not overkill with useless Sh!t
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Indian or Harley motor?
If going for the HD puts you on the road quicker then that gets my vote.
I hear what people are saying about stick with your dream but I know a couple of guys with unfinished projects that have dragged on for decades while they dream of the right parts.
Just an opinion.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Post by Indian Mark »

BigBoy wrote:Killer Bike. I like the how it is well thought out and not overkill with useless Sh!t
Awesome!

Thanks Russ, My thoughts also. I'm still not sure though. My plan at this point is to put the funds together first, then take an honest look at what it's actually going to cost me to put the bike together.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

BigBoy wrote:Killer Bike. I like the how it is well thought out and not overkill with useless Sh!t

LMFAO...and they sarcasym is lost on the americans...... :laughing-rolling:
BigBoy
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: 33 Yr old Mrine Veteran. I ride a 2000 FXDX. From the great country of Texas. I was a member of the prevoius chopper builders Handbook forum. I also have purchased the chopper builders handbook dvd. I am looking to build a new frame or two for my Twin Cam A motor and trans.

Post by BigBoy »

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic. Mark is building a rideable scooter. BTW Mark I have that same exhaust on my bike. they sound way better with no baffels. where is the rear fender from
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

soz ref paulie bike
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Haha, I thought BB was being sarcastic about Paulies bike too. Thanks for the compliment!
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

BigBoy wrote:I wasnt trying to be sarcastic. Mark is building a rideable scooter. BTW Mark I have that same exhaust on my bike. they sound way better with no baffels. where is the rear fender from
I dig the pipes too but they're going to have to go. They point right at the rear part of the frame. I've got another set I'm working on. The rear fender is from PCW (Precision Cycle Works) I used to do work for them when I owned a machine shop. It was part of a trade deal. (My site is a bit out dated but... http://www.tixeusa.com )
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Where could I/We get an Indian motor for that price . I don't really what the market value is.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

This is the place that built the motor in my Indian. I spent about $4500 on it. (including shipping) http://www.blackhawkmotorworks.com/default.htm
The motor I was thinking about for my new build is basically the same motor from Crazy Horse Motors. I just found that their website is being re-done.
BigBoy
NewB

Post by BigBoy »

Mark how about a write up on those forwards? i like how you used the stock master cylinder.

Return to “The Bull Pen”