And yet another "another new guy"..

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Marty
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: first time builder...in search of knowledge :)

Presently i'm in the process of building a softail. 4+ backbone, 38 rake and 2+/5 rake forks/trees. Normally i'm pretty inclined mechanically, though i gotta say some aspects of this are somewhat leaving me shaking my head lol.

Re: And yet another "another new guy"..

Post by Marty »

budoka wrote:dude, don't worry so much about the "proper sections" part. post it up, and if we don'Yt like where it is, we'll move it :mrgreen: .

great to have another wrench turner around. if i can be of any help in your project, let me know and i'll do what i can.

welcome to the CC!

-dan
the easier i can make everyone here's life Dan, the better...
i use to part-own/admin a site a few years back and know what a task (nice word for "what a pain in the ass" lol) it can be :)
i'll try and toss things where they belong and offer up as much info pre-emptively as i can...i think i'll use my dropbox for image storage, that way (not sure if images can be uploaded here...but either way :) ) i can get them as large and detailed as would seem appropriate to describe my thread.

a little more about me: i spent a few years buried under cars as a tranny mech. So, trannies brakes, rearends etc etc...not a motor guy lol. I think i inherited it from my dad, he's a retired industrial mechanic and all around JOAT...where he has patience tho i kinda lean toward the hammer approach lol. I've done a little stick and brazing in the past but recently dropped a few $ on a Lincoln 180dual mig so i'd have something clean to add metal to the bike. Just gotta get the 230v run out to the garage and my buddy from work to gimme an hour or two of the what's-what...hard to trench tho when the ground is frozen, but that's just one more little hurdle to get over :)
I just kicked my uncle's boat out of my garage so i've got a decent little space to continue on with my project. it's 20x20 with about 8' of head space. She's a little aged, but between welds and new parts arriving i think i'll be re-trussing and then re-framing internally to put the weight back onto some concrete. see if i can do something about those holes in the roof too i guess ;) I built my mock-up bench from 2x6x10s...nice and solid :) final assembly will be a lot lower to the ground but it'll leave me another nice work bench (and another excuse for the boat to stay outside lol).

look forward to checking thru the forum and seeing what great stuff i'm sure is out there...

cheers
Marty
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Hey man...didnt see ya come in.Welcome
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Marty
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: first time builder...in search of knowledge :)

Presently i'm in the process of building a softail. 4+ backbone, 38 rake and 2+/5 rake forks/trees. Normally i'm pretty inclined mechanically, though i gotta say some aspects of this are somewhat leaving me shaking my head lol.

Post by Marty »

thanx Jeff...glad to be here :)

Return to “The Bull Pen”