New guy--- Again

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Happy Bob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm 62 yrs old living in Lexington, SC. I've been welding (mainly aluminum) for about 30 yrs. Currently I work for a company that builds railway track repair equipment.
I own a '72 Sportster (in boxes) and a 2000 Heritage. I've been on motorcycles since I was 16.
Besides riding, my interests include fishing & boating.

New guy--- Again

Post by Happy Bob »

Hey folks. My name is Bob & I live in Lexington, SC. I was a member here a few yrs. ago, but for some reason, I was booted off. I think probably because I didn't post enough (more looking than posting). Don't know for sure. That was when the site was going through changes, so I might have been lost somehow. The good news is that I was finally able to re-register.
My current bikes include my 2000 Heritage Softtail that I ride as often as work, weather & the wife allow me to. My other is a '72 Sportster.
I bought it several yrs. ago as a project bike that I hope, someday, to get back on the road as a bar hopper chop. It did't run when I got it, so I decided to go into the engine & check it out. Big mistake. I found the rods were sloppier than a 70 yr old hookers money maker. So, I said to myself " You can fix this." Second big mistake. I tore the engine down, split the cases, got everything apart, then the economy took a shit. I had to close my business (custom marine aluminum fabrication) and go out and get a real job at less than ideal wages. So that's where I'm at right now. The Sporty's still in boxes waiting for me to bring her back to life. Did I mention that I'm real good at tearing stuff apart, but not that great at putting stuff back together? At 60, it seems to be getting worse. :cry:
Anyways, Its good to be back and I hope to stay for a while.
Later, Bob
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Re: New guy--- Again

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Welcome back.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Hello again!! You know this is where it is happening. Show us some pics of your teardown if you have them.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

welcome
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Happy Bob wrote:"snippage" was a member here a few yrs. ago, but for some reason, I was booted off. "snippage"
Anyways, Its good to be back and I hope to stay for a while.
Later, Bob
Welcome Back! Been a couple mishaps over time and everyone had to rejoin so ya coulda been caught up by that.
So at least show us pics of the boxes... :lol:
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Welcome Bob..
Happy Bob
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm 62 yrs old living in Lexington, SC. I've been welding (mainly aluminum) for about 30 yrs. Currently I work for a company that builds railway track repair equipment.
I own a '72 Sportster (in boxes) and a 2000 Heritage. I've been on motorcycles since I was 16.

Post by Happy Bob »

What's the best way to post pictures? Can I download from my computer or use Photobucket? Also, can I post them here, or in a different section?
Thanks. Bob
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Welcome back Bob, like your name...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Hey Welcome....again
Happy Bob
NewB

Post by Happy Bob »

Here are a few pics of what I started with & some of the teardown.
The PO had lowered it so much that the kicker hit the ground.

Starting to take her apart.
My engine stand.

I've got more pics, but need to load them to Photobucket.

Bob
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

:popcorn: wish I could find something like that here..
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

That is a great project to have. Thanks for posting the engine stand.
Happy Bob
NewB

Post by Happy Bob »

It started out as a great project, but with this economy, I don't have the $$$$ to get the engine rebuilt. That's really the only thing holding me back.
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Good luck on the money thing. I throw my change in a 5 gal water jug. It takes a minute, but at about $100/inch it ends up being $12-1400 a jug full. I also keep pennies, no clue how much it holds in just silver change. Thanks on the engine stand from me as well, Its on the "useful shit to build" list.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

watch out for those watter jugs i had one split when i picked it up to cash it in seems the plastic cant take too much weight
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “The Bull Pen”