everybody

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: everybody

Post by Jeff L »

How could You be in the Smokey Mts. When You're in Scotland?Anyway i thought Bears can climb Trees?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

1st read my profile , 2nd a 600 lb bear caint climb as high as a 200 lb human ! they are faster on the ground but if you can get as far as 10 feet up a tree before they reach you and keep climbing you safe !!
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Jeff..we have got a lot of smokey mountains here too you know! lol plus we have haggis...which are infinatly more nasty than them pussy bears :lol:
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Trust me Max , Haggis aint bad and is by far not the worst that has been served up to me during my naval career !
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Sign of the times I guess. Last one out turn off the lights.
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Maxthegardener wrote:Jeff..we have got a lot of smokey mountains here too you know! lol plus we have haggis...which are infinatly more nasty than them pussy bears :lol:
Bears are good eating!

I slapped a Black Bear once in Tennessee when it stuck it's head in my truck begging for food, that's all my buddy and his wife talked about when we got back to Chicago.
The bear just backed off, sat down and tilted his head at me, giving me a WTF! look.

It was the same year that boy was killed down there while feeding the bears.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Me..... I am riding everywhere.....for any reason and am injoying it to the max ...... been a long 8 years....; ))))
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
LowDoughBrokeAss
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm in school to be an Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic. Getting interested in chopper building. Getting ready to buy an 80's Suzuki 400 (actually 440cc, but no clue what model) for $500, and I'm toying with riding it, while I build a chopper frame, and sticking the engine from it, in the chopper frame.

Post by LowDoughBrokeAss »

I'm getting ready to get my learner's permit, once I can scrounge up the money for insurance and such, if that counts for anything?
Don't you touch that sumbitchin' boat. THE BOAT IS NOT A TOY.
Bikesandfires
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a 54yo, fat, balding, bearded motorhead living in the hills of Eastern Ky. 35 year and counting firefighter, retired from 31 years as a crane operator, car nut from birth. I hope my free-mail account doesn't keep me from becoming a member of this message board. Current toys: 1966 Ford Fairlane 500, 1967 Sunbeam Tiger clone project, VW trike project, 18' Thundercraft boat.

Post by Bikesandfires »

Just stopped by for a quick visit and to try ot catch up on things here. Lots of happenings by familiar names...and some new ones also. Welcome to the forum newbies, this is 'bout the best site on the web.

Caring for elderly parents, moving and re-modeling, and a part-time job to help with remodeling expenses have put most all of my projects on the back burner. I hope to get back to them someday.

Good luck, and best wishes to all here!!!

p.s. Max, I'm insanely jelous of you and your late nite visit with Maz.....LOL :naughty:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Bikesandfires wrote:p.s. Max, I'm insanely jelous of you and your late nite visit with Maz.....LOL :naughty:
You're not the only one...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

and I lived to tell the tale lol....
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Well done my friend, you're a very brave man... :lol:
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”