everybody

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

everybody

Post by curt »

everybody must be out rideing enjoying some good weather i hope been way quiet on here
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Re: everybody

Post by Maxthegardener »

Your right there Curt.... :auto-biker:
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

Shit, I wish. It has been an absolutely cold and wet spring this year. I think I got more ridin' in this winter than I have since spring "arrived". Supposed to be shitty again this weekend. Then I'm off to South Africa and other places unknown.
Sporties Rule
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Not me, still getting snow here. Just busy with projects...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

2-days ago I took off @8AM without a jacket. Yesterday, the temp droped into the 40'sF. I split the car/bike 50-50.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I'd push mine around the Block, but my Cardio isn't what it should be.Just been a little busy.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I have been busy moving my business to a new shop plus a couple of weeks in hospital.....hopefully have some time to post pics and updates on my projects soon.....

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Sorry to hear of your down time lady , and pleased to see you back on the site !

Where's yer new digs ?!
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, been long time. Been super busy with a lot of projects and my Camaro rebuild, still have my 1979 cb750 dohc bobber build sitting on the back burner, thought I would stop in and say hello. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Maz wrote:I have been busy moving my business to a new shop plus a couple of weeks in hospital.....hopefully have some time to post pics and updates on my projects soon.....

Maz xx
Don't shortcut your recuperation, we want you to stay healthy... :pray:
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

this is what I was doing April 2011

Post by railroad bob »

This was the first sunrise after a long arctic winter. I was working on the North Slope inspecting
welding on stainless and carbon piping in above ground pipe racks for a new oil field.
The beard is long gone.
2011.04.ENI.Me.First.Arctic.Sunrise.jpg
2011.04.ENI.Me.First.Arctic.Sunrise.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

here is another

Post by railroad bob »

After a long winter, this lady popped her head up one day. She came out for a few minutes, then disappeared.
Known to be a lady because of her cub that saw it's first light of day ever.
As soon as the crews became aware of the den, all work in the near vicinity stopped for about a week, until she finally appeared and traveled away. It is against the law to harass or disturb the wildlife, and they have right-of-way in all regards except personal safety. This pic was taken by security personnel and distributed. I think the time was about April or May 2010.
ENI.Polar.Bear.Den.jpg
ENI.Polar.Bear.Den.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Probably a wise move not working near that Den.I've heard Polar Bears are nasty.Would think doubbly so with a Cub.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Negative
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an diy enthusiast with some background in welding. Still studying mechanical engeneering. I love all kinds of custom work. I have a few small projects behind me. Would love to build a chopper from scratch. I have some questions about welding and other chopper related stuff and I hope that the guys and girls on this forum can help me.

Post by Negative »

I am a bit jealous railroad bob ;)
It looks beautifull out there. I hope you are enjoing yourself :)
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I don't know what you all do in the great white north but in the Smoky mnt country if you see a bear cub , GET YOUR ASS UP A TREE 'cause momma aint gonna be far away and she allows nothing to get between her and her babys to live if it caint outrun/outclimb her

Return to “The Bull Pen”