Had to sell one of my Projects

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Had to sell one of my Projects

Post by Jeff L »

Just let go of a 72 Honda CB750....Bummed to see it go,but really needed the Room.Hopefully I'll come across another when the Bikes that are left get built.
b1.JPG
b1.JPG (142.46 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Had to sell one of my Projects

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I remember a holiday, 1975 San Francisco Chinatown, a lad cruisin' through, Honda chopper, loud megafone pipes, looking cool.
Great bikes, durable, popular.
dirtbag
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the old forum, I have more tools and more projects now, I have a wide range of projects , home built boats, a few buggies, snowmachines and a few snowhawks, latly I have been collecting old broken machines most recently a marvel roll in bandsaw, and a old lathe that needs some love from 1908, and about 10 bike projects, most were not running when i got them , same with my mill and bandsaw I had to get them operable. Looking to further my knowledge and share what i can offer..

Post by dirtbag »

I feel it to just sold a 89 rz 350 the sought after blue canadian edition with 63 hp stock, loved that bike but couldnt store everything..and had to cut somthing still have to get rid of a few things to make room.. Certaily couldnt be a chop though
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

early 750 had the SOHC design, more desirable for chopper builders.
Bummer man, I haven't had to do that yet, but it might happen soon, too many projects too little time.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Got a SOHC sitting in the wings .... looking for a Yammie mid-box to make a trike.... 4 wheeler on the back .... with a floater axle and will have semi-type exhaust stacks.... might even build a Big Daddy type C-cab and pick-up bed ... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Sorry to hear you're letting a project go. I'm in the process of selling off my BMW project. My daily ride, that was going to supply the engine and gear box for the project, got totaled by a bus last year. While I was in hospital some low life stole the wreak from the crash site. Losing the engine/drive train set the build back and increased the costs so I decided to cut my losses and sell what I had.

Time and money wise it makes sense but it's still a bummer. On the plus side my Sportster gets the attention its deserves.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Man...that sucks.Better off losing the Bike than yourself though.What ya got planned for the Sporty?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Nothing too drastic. I'm planning to fit a LedSled hard-tail and a Moon oil tank. Aside from that and losing all the bits and pieces the local police seem to think are important I'll leave it pretty much alone for the time being. Once it's a working chopper I'll fine tune it as I go along. It's already black so the paintwork's sorted at least.

I forgot to mention when I hit the bus I managed to take out its wind screen, so one point to our side.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

I knew I shouldn't have sold that Bike.I just picked up another one.Not as desirable as a 750, but at least I'm ahead with Money in my Pocket.Cost me almost nothing.The Bike I got is a CB450.It'll be a fine Cafe Bike I'm sure.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Jeff L wrote:I knew I shouldn't have sold that Bike.I just picked up another one.Not as desirable as a 750, but at least I'm ahead with Money in my Pocket.Cost me almost nothing.The Bike I got is a CB450.It'll be a fine Cafe Bike I'm sure.
I've ridden one of those, they run great, you'll be real happy with it.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Bummer on the sale, I hate it when that happens. I'm doing a cafe cb-450 for my wife right now, it was a freebie. ( I should probably do a build thread on that)
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

You should do it Man...I for 1 would like to check it out.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Chopped a 450 in 73, made some splayed Triumph (?) pipes, coffin tank and raked it and added 6" over tubes, with those torsion actuated valves, you could rev 10,000 rpm easy and had more hp than a Sportster .... you could smoke those suckers on a open road .... Rt 66 was the only place I ever came across them, at the time ....
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

That's the same type of bike that I embedded into the front of a Freightliner back in 84. I had literally thousands of commute miles on it. They are really sweet rides and make cool choppers.

Return to “The Bull Pen”