Sideline Projects

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Sideline Projects

Post by gww25 »

For almost two years now I've been involved in a project to rekindle the old original Ingram Mac10 series of guns by a local manufacturer. At first this sounded like a pretty simple project but after doing some initial research I found out that most of the Mac's weren't actually built to Ingram's original designs to begin with. To make a long story short I've been doing the tool and die design work, plus the Cad/Cam programming to get these little guns back into production. We've final been able to cut the raw blanks and bend the frames using a CNC Amada press break which a lot of people said was impossible. The original frames were made using 'punch dies'. We're taking a new approach. Anyway this sideline project is coming to a close now and I'll be getting back to Chopper stuff which I'll talk about in another post following this one.
Here's a snapshot of some old prototype parts we made.
Attachments
macbends.JPG
macbends.JPG (115 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Sideline Projects

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Quite the project.

I got this online and gave it a read.

EDIT...I just noticed you said Mac10.
Mac
Mac
M119.JPG (49.56 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

That's pretty cool.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Bikes, guns, cars, women

These four interests will fill your life and make it whole.
Add a big dose of Liberty to round it out.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”