P-clamps .....

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Re: P-clamps .....

Post by yona »

I have a pen knife that my unk used to scrape babbit bearing in his Model A ... this cutter was cheap and if it last to make a couple of sets, was worth it .... I just need a pinch fit ..... the aluminum duct tape will keep from scratching the chrome.... bought some black Rit dye, to anodize them black .
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

See...I knew you could do it. I'm not overly fond of duct tape. Too much glue, breaks down in sunlight. You may think of vinyl elect. tape...or better yet, cut an inner tube for a rubber spacer. Then you could make the hole oversized and maybe use an American sized hole. Just a thought.
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

This tape is 2 " wide thin aluminum with glue to seal metal duct and aluminum faced fiber board... there are 2 thicknesses one blue, one red ...? .... not sure which is which, but makes a good shim that sticks in place ..... used by "bondo" shops the back up rust holes before the bondo goes on .... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.

Return to “The Bull Pen”