Need to Contact Ken Venus

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Need to Contact Ken Venus

Post by gww25 »

Anybody know how to contact Ken Venus. I have a project for him to work. Any help finding him would be great.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Re: Need to Contact Ken Venus

Post by krymis »

gary i have been trying myself and to no avail. tell him i said hi and forward contact if he is ok with it.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

The linkdin thing is a dead end but Ken emailed me today. The Biker network works a lot faster than the Interweb as the Gas Monkey guy calls it. Technoloy is great but it sucks when you have to actually get something done and word of mouth travels instantly. Thanks everybody.
The reason I wanted to talk with Ken was to get him involved in huge undertaking called the "Real Deal Dick Allen Memorial Biker Build-Off" that I'm helping to organize with Mike Vils. (See vintage bike Canon Ball Run for his creds). See the main site home page for details about the build-Off. This is going to be kick-ass compared to anything that's happened so far.
I've got sponsors calling already so the builders will be able to get some financial help for their projects and it's a two pronged deal with a build-off and then a cross country run of about 3000 miles round trip. Jesse James Dis'd us when we went down to Austin, at his invite, to talk about the project but when we got there he was suddenly to 'busy' to meet with us in person and wanted to do everything over the phone. He's the only guy I've met (kind of) during this deal that didn't give us 'face-time'. A lot of the old-timers are coming out of the wood work for this event, a lot of guys way older than I am and they're all stoked to burn some rubber again in Dick's memory.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Awesome.
Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
friday
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: from jockey journal via NZ . got a shovelhead and a early scout project , planning on a mild custom from ground up = NO cutting only minimising and poss hotting up , so not a butcher here nor a 100 pointer! cheers willy

Post by friday »

I havent seen this tech before but dick allens name mentioned

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=163241
gww25
Site Grandaddy

Post by gww25 »

Yeah, I mentioned it. Raising the tranny used to be one of the first things you did when chopping a scooter.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

why did they whats the advantage disadvantage
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gww25
Site Grandaddy

Post by gww25 »

It aligns the primary and secondary drive chains (belts) so the tranny doesn't pull studs under hard acceleration and it gets the primary up out of the way so it doesn't drag on hard corners. If you do it the chopper way as opposed to the racer way it also drops the frame around 1-inch in the rear. There's an article on the main site about it.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

checkin it out thanks
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “The Bull Pen”