The 'Real Deal' Dick Allen Memorial Biker Build Off

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

The 'Real Deal' Dick Allen Memorial Biker Build Off

Post by gww25 »

da-build-off-1.JPG
da-build-off-1.JPG (65.97 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Darcy Allen, Dick's daughter and Mike (Fass Mikey) Vils have decided to stage a Build Off for folks who actually build stuff, by hand, in their own garages and then actually ride what they build. I've posted a link to the tentative 'rules' on the index page of the main site. Three entrants so far but hoping to get around 20 to 30 hardcore builder/riders by the first of the year. Keith Ball from Easyriders is on board as is Irish Rich and both Discovery and the History channel have expressed interest in coverage but this will be a 'non-scripted' event and the builders control the show for a change. It's pretty simple. One builder, one bike, built 100% by the owner and then raced cross-country in honor of Dick's old 'Great Race' that used to be sponsored by SuperBike magazine back in the day. To be honest I don't care one way or the other whether anybody 'covers' this little deal since for me it'll just be a chance to race against some of the folks I share a common interest with. Three bikes or 30 bikes, it doesn't make much difference as anybody who has the balls to do this will be fun to ride with. Drop me an email if you have any interest.
gww250@yahoo.com
Early Iron
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've been building and working on motorcycles for over 35 years, I own a bike shop and I am a tool & die maker. I'm into old motorcycles more than new ones, and am also into old machine tools. I mostly build my bike from old parts or parts that I make.

Re: The 'Real Deal' Dick Allen Memorial Biker Build Off

Post by Early Iron »

Gary how are the builds going to be monitored?
Mark.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

this sounds like so much fun. :sad: wish i were stateside right now.

you guys have a blast! i'll follow along vicariously, i guess.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

Depending upon where the builds are located and the number of entrants 'monitoring' is tentatively going to be undertaken by various club chapters across the country and by people who were involved in the organization of the Canon Ball vintage bike races.

Return to “The Bull Pen”