Hey there, Hi there, Ho there.

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
ARBY
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Been riding motorcycles since I got my first Harley, a 1951 Panhead, in 1967. My current ride is a 1977 FXS that I bought in 1980. I'm originally from CT but have lived in the Tampa, FL area since 1989. I do most of the work on my bike myself.

chopperville1.tripod.com

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there.

Post by ARBY »

Well hello to those of you who may or may not be here. I bumped into the site and saw some things I thought were interesting so I joined. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of recent activity.

Anyway, I'm originally from CT now living in FLA and I bought my first Harley, a '51 Panhead, in pieces 1967 when I was 15. Two years later when I got it running I rode it to Woodstock. About 10 miles outside of town I realized there was no way I was gonna be able to ride it all the way in so I gave a family $5 to keep it in their barn for a week or so until I could get back to it. The following Thursday (I think) I was quite happy to find it intact and as left. The family was kind enough to give a scrawny, long haired kid a meal, a couple of baths and a place to sleep. Two days later I set out for home.

The Pan is long gone now and my current ride is a 1977 FXS that I bought in 1980 and have had ever since.

Arby
http://chopperville1.tripod.com
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Re: Hey there, Hi there, Ho there.

Post by gww25 »

This is kind of a specialized site so activity is sporadic depending upon what folks are working on. It's isn't a social media type of forum.
By the way some of the links on your site are infected with a virus so if you post anything else make sure you remove the links.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

welcome to the forum! yeah activity comes in waves around here. myself, i'm saving up the cash to buy the tools and parts to put my knuck back together after i snapped my pinion shaft. in the meantime, i'm just going out to the garage and staring. :cry:

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

welcome to the site.

I'm one of the sporadic members. Sometimes I'm very active, sometimes I have to do other things,
depending on what life throws at me.

There is a huge amount of knowledge and experience here, but don't look for a timely answer for obscure questions.
and some folks have posted asking for advice or direction, needing it quickly due to their timetable to compete in a show.
Solutions and help were quickly offered and ignored.

Point being, get to know the site, read the posts, read the extensive articles on Gary's fantastic site, and if you have something to say, say it.
After you read a lot of the threads, you'll have an idea of what is standard behavior here.
You won't see a lot of flaming, or bashing.
You'll see encouragement, and helpful posts.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
ARBY
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Been riding motorcycles since I got my first Harley, a 1951 Panhead, in 1967. My current ride is a 1977 FXS that I bought in 1980. I'm originally from CT but have lived in the Tampa, FL area since 1989. I do most of the work on my bike myself.

chopperville1.tripod.com

Post by ARBY »

Thanks for the info. I guess I need to spend more time going through the posts to get the feel of things.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I just re-read your first entry. We're you at the Woodstock Festival in '69?

You will enjoy this site. There's been some fabulous builds come through here.

Return to “The Bull Pen”