drought

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

drought

Post by gearhead1951 »

Where the h**l is everybody ? 5 days of crickets !!
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Re: drought

Post by Dusty-Dave »

gearhead1951 wrote:Where the h**l is everybody ? 5 days of crickets !!
Don't know I keep checking in and nobody ever posts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lurk Lurk Lurk
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

I check in almost every day when I'm not on the road. Has been quiet for several months now. I sort of expect that during the summer when folks are riding or doing other summer activities.

Don't know how it is in the States, but the last few days of September and now the first few days of October have been cold and rainy. I hope we have some decent weather the rest of October and November because those are the only two months this year will I'll be home more than two weeks.
Sporties Rule
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
^^^^^
I
Have
None^^^^^^^

or any of this $$$$$$$$$$

so did I mention the lack of $$$$$$$

If only I had some $$$$ I could build something! My shop is getting cleaner though. That does not cost $$$$!
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I know ! The holy trinity , Time , Money and a space work in and keep your tools safe !

Got the Putanya safely broken in and/or sold ? Is the Broken Blade going well ? Bored , Retired old engineers want to know !!
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

One of the problems (or maybe the blessings) of discussions boards, blogs and general Internet sites is that people have finally caught on to the fact that this digital stuff just doesn't matter and a lot of people are just ignoring the whole 'social media' thing which I think is probably a good thing. On the other hand sharing technical information can never be 'overdone' so maybe sites like this are best viewed as depositories (not Suppositories) of information that isn't added to in blog fashion day after day. I guess everything changes with time. I for one haven't posted anything of significance here in years but I've been working on two major projects that I've posted at other sites since I don't consider either project as having any technical significance that anybody could learn from so I don't bother to list the work on this site.
Customize IT
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a young punk kid that needs some help building himself a chopper!!

I am sorry I only have a hotmail account???

Tell me what I need to do I need help with my girder!!!

PLESE HELP????

[url=http://imgur.com/8saXkqN][img]http://i.imgur.com/8saXkqNl.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/pXJZqQ0][img]http://i.imgur.com/pXJZqQ0l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4][img]http://i.imgur.com/T3Q4Ev4l.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imgur.com/fsXGYQw][img]http://i.imgur.com/fsXGYQwl.jpg[/img][/url]

Post by Customize IT »

Been riding the puta and the broken rubber. The knife sits it is only maybe a month from riding.

Been drawing schetchs for a board tracker or a V8 trike for next project.

At work we are going to dismantle a large dumping machine with about 60 ft of roller chain about 2 in wide. Hope to get it at scrap pricing to weld the links for next frame.

Dreams for the dreamer here is all right now.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Sorry for not logging on sooner, I have been especially busy this construction season.
I have a lot of personal goals I am working on, along with the work.
I won't go thru the list, but it is very long.

I've been away working much more than home, 6-8 weeks at a time, home for possibly a week, gone again.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

gww25 wrote:One of the problems (or maybe the blessings) of discussions boards, blogs and general Internet sites is that people have finally caught on to the fact that this digital stuff just doesn't matter and a lot of people are just ignoring the whole 'social media' thing which I think is probably a good thing. On the other hand sharing technical information can never be 'overdone' so maybe sites like this are best viewed as depositories (not Suppositories) of information that isn't added to in blog fashion day after day. I guess everything changes with time. I for one haven't posted anything of significance here in years but I've been working on two major projects that I've posted at other sites since I don't consider either project as having any technical significance that anybody could learn from so I don't bother to list the work on this site.

Where do you have projects posted? I'd like to see them.
funfool
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Howdy, I use to ride bikes and fix them, build them, cut them up and put them together again.
I dunno life comes along, promotions and longer hours at work kids .... then one day I wake up, and I just have to build another bike and start riding again.
I am looking for a site just like this to gain knowledge, look at the builds ...loving the way the board index is laid out. I have 90% of the tools I need, mill lathe etc... just need to refresh.

Post by funfool »

I don't consider either project as having any technical significance that anybody could learn from so I don't bother to list the work on this site.
You would be surprised at who can sneak through the door, and what they can learn. :lol:

But I can also agree, I have a thread on another site, me cutting the top off of my suv and making a truck out of it.
It is nice for others who may roll their truck, see what it might look like if they removed the smashed top, little value here.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

Indian Mark wrote:
gww25 wrote:One of the problems (or maybe the blessings) of discussions boards, blogs and general Internet sites is that people have finally caught on to the fact that this digital stuff just doesn't matter and a lot of people are just ignoring the whole 'social media' thing which I think is probably a good thing. On the other hand sharing technical information can never be 'overdone' so maybe sites like this are best viewed as depositories (not Suppositories) of information that isn't added to in blog fashion day after day. I guess everything changes with time. I for one haven't posted anything of significance here in years but I've been working on two major projects that I've posted at other sites since I don't consider either project as having any technical significance that anybody could learn from so I don't bother to list the work on this site.

Where do you have projects posted? I'd like to see them.[/quote

I am curious also. I dont post a lot here, but I do check this site a few times a week. I dont really visit other bike sites, because I dont feel as though there is as much good information like there is on this site.
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

a couple a personal tragedy taken the wind out of my sails for a while now . I still check in time to time not as much as id like or used to . still a few projects I want to see like indian marks 1911 a couple a nates bikes and a nice 750 triple , blue triumph . I still have a couple projects rattlein around in my head I want to get to I will eventually get to .
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

...If not for the info, insight, and encouragement from both the CD, and the forum involvement i might never have believed i could do this.

Im aware of the hacks, crashes, loss of info, and how much of a pain that all must be to the awesome dedicated people who have tried so long to keep this forum alive. So it is not with ignorance that i say that im going to start spending more time here and do what i can to give back -even if its with crickets.

My first step is to make the CBH logo the background on my computer -you know, as a reminder.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
2Loose
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Maui boy, farm systems mechanical engineer, sugar cane and pineapple, retired, chopped a '62 FL in '68, still have it, have five HD projects in the shop right now, three are panheads. Try to work on them every day, but often looking for or waiting for parts. Nothing stock going on here, all hot rod street oriental, and mostly old style.

Post by 2Loose »

For me it was getting one of my hands caught in an industrial steel cutting chop saw, lucky I didn't lose the hand, but it has been a long recovery, am back to about 50% with that hand, and am trying to get some work done out in the shop, but it has really slowed me down. Four bike projects just sitting there and when I try to work on them, it is painful and slow. But I'm determined to finish them, it will just take awhile longer then I originally thought.

The doc told me it's lucky I didn't lose the hand.
And he's exactly right !!!
Aloha from Maui,
Willy
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

2Loose wrote:For me it was getting one of my hands caught in an industrial steel cutting chop saw, lucky I didn't lose the hand, but it has been a long recovery,
Holy Crap!

Return to “The Bull Pen”