Proposed social media outlets and management.

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.

I propose the creation of social media sites to promote this website and forum. How say you?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 pm

1. Yes
75%
2. No
25%
3. Let's talk about it some more.
No votes

Total votes: 4

SoCalBiker
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've got motorcycles in my blood. Growing up with my dad riding them, I feel like I've always had my fingers tightly wound around handlebar grips. My taste for bikes and the family are strong and the only bike I'll ride is one that's been stripped down to the essentials. I don't care for all of high tech stuff on the new stuff. I just want simplicity. not a Limousine on 2 wheels.

Proposed social media outlets and management.

Post by SoCalBiker »

Hey guys. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone visits this forum anymore. I'm proposing that I open a social media account such as Twitter and maybe some other ones to help bring in users. I wanted to post this proposal to get your approval and I'll give it 3 days to see if anyone responds and if no answer comes around, I'm going forward with it because I want this website and forum to be successful. Motorcycles, riding and building them are awesome things and I want to promote the fuck out of this place since it's got the best information and great people. Ok? In the event that no one responds to this post and I go forward with this, I'll come back and let you know. And if you disapprove and want them taken down, I'll do that. Thanks!
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Re: Proposed social media outlets and management.

Post by Dusty-Dave »

As Long as I don't have to twerp or faceplant or whatever is the social media of the moment, you go right ahead. When the board I moderate gets real slow I find something to announce and send every registered member an email.seems to remind them that it's still there. Giveaways always draw a crowd but the owners said no.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
SoCalBiker
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've got motorcycles in my blood. Growing up with my dad riding them, I feel like I've always had my fingers tightly wound around handlebar grips. My taste for bikes and the family are strong and the only bike I'll ride is one that's been stripped down to the essentials. I don't care for all of high tech stuff on the new stuff. I just want simplicity. not a Limousine on 2 wheels.

Post by SoCalBiker »

hey dave!! nice!! i was hoping i'd get some kind of attention with this. are you one of the moderators of this board? if so, i didn't see it on your profile when I looked at you earlier. but no, you won't have to tweet or whatever with the accounts, i'll handle all of that. and it's just going to be simple stuff to put out. just general web address posts and making new friends and telling them about it is all. nobody has to do anything, it's all on me with the social media.

thank you for commenting, dave. i appreciate the feedback. i don't like doing something like this without approval. and off i go to wrangle in new members.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

I'm not a mod here I mod S&S cycle Vintage Tech Forum. I was just making a smart ass comment about my dislike of most social media.
Dave
SoCalBiker
NewB

Post by SoCalBiker »

That's ok and very cool. yeah, I generally shy away from it for personal use but I thought it'd be a good idea for the forum and the main website. I'll have to visit your site as well.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

http://forum.sscycle.com/index.php Be glad to see you.
Dave
SoCalBiker
NewB

Post by SoCalBiker »

thank you, dave, for the link! i'll head over there as soon as I can and setup an account with your site. I'm still working on email accounts for the social media sites and hard at work with my other projects. I so wish one of those projects was my own custom bike. Sigh.

just tried to setup an account on your forum and the question for the Harley WLA made me go O.O. I dunno that kind of stuff!! lmao I've got to look it up. hehe
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Liberator, if you got the question I think you did. We focus on older stuff.
Dusty
friday
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: from jockey journal via NZ . got a shovelhead and a early scout project , planning on a mild custom from ground up = NO cutting only minimising and poss hotting up , so not a butcher here nor a 100 pointer! cheers willy

Post by friday »

good on ya . I dont do cell phs or face book or anything but every other A- hole does so theres the majority
SoCalBiker
NewB

Post by SoCalBiker »

Dusty-Dave wrote:Liberator, if you got the question I think you did. We focus on older stuff.
Dusty
oh yeah, i got it! lol, i looked it up online and remembered that i actually knew the answer already after i saw the answer. lol
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

What social media did you post on? Have you had any response?
Dusty

Return to “The Bull Pen”