where'd everyone go???

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

where'd everyone go???

Post by Jeff L »

I know I've been out for a while, I moved, & have done a few things. Whats everyone been up to?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jbfrmca
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: dan. my names john or jbfrmca on most boards . i was on the old board(not very much i'm afraid) been messing with bikes my whole life. still want to learn as much as i can while i can. thanks in advance. later john.

Re: where'd everyone go???

Post by jbfrmca »

well i have not been building anything on two wheels as of late. i took on a new project about a year ago that has been taking any spare time and or money that i have. i have been riding tho
1952 ford panel.
Image008 by johnrayna2001, on Flickr
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Haven't touched my unfinished chopper in at least 4 years. (still have good intentions, honest) Made myself a hitch plug last week. Haven't finished that either, lol. That Ford is sick. Post pics of it as you go.
Attachments
5149x.jpg
5149x.jpg (108.78 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Truck is cool man. Do you have any plans to straight axle it?
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Nice hitch cover...stainless?
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Post by Indian Mark »

Jeff L wrote:Nice hitch cover...stainless?
Nah, aluminum.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Indian Mark wrote:Haven't touched my unfinished chopper in at least 4 years. (still have good intentions, honest) Made myself a hitch plug last week. Haven't finished that either, lol. That Ford is sick. Post pics of it as you go.
Hey, I can wait. Nice to be able to have the tools to do that.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

I been in and out not posting much . kind of lost focus on the two wheel vehicles . been building a 67 c10 truck cant post pics theyre too large its a pain shrinking em down . but I still try and check a few builds like yours , indian marks , dans knuck and a couple others
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

I had a 67 C10. Wish I still had that one!
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

its been 20 plus years since ive built a 4 wheeler . wanted something with a little cool factor that wasn't a Camaro or mustang easy to find parts . I still got plans on building an old triumph chop rolling around in my head probably when I'm finished with the truck . hows the 1911 coming haven't seen any updates in a while
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hardrock785
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am a Navy veteran, '72-'75, I was an engineman, WESPAC. I have a stable full of Jap bikes from a step-through Honda 90 to a '79 Wing. I have 3-650 Yamaha twins, two of them have been chopped. I'm 63 years old. I am a retired truck driver. I live in central Montana.

Post by hardrock785 »

im in and out, just completed my first frame, swing arm 650 xs, lota work and thought. nice pu I have a 72 k20. waiting for it to cool down a little getting geared up to block n split fire wood.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

curt wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 pm . hows the 1911 coming haven't seen any updates in a while
Well, I did some finish machining on the slide. Got it to a buddy with a CNC EDM that can put in the undercut area for the barrel to sit in. He's had if for several months and is "gonna get to it soon." Once I get it back I can start fitting everything together. Actually I could fit the receiver together, I'm just not working on it till fall, which is real soon. Unfortunately. I'll post a current state on my build log.
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

hardrock785 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm im in and out, just completed my first frame, swing arm 650 xs, lota work and thought. nice pu I have a 72 k20. waiting for it to cool down a little getting geared up to block n split fire wood.
72 is nice factory disk
DeathBySnuSnu
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: A backwoods redneck from way down south.
Own a custom manufacturing company.
Ain't scared to build anything that I can dream up.
Have had a motorcycle since I was 10, 52 now.
Currently ride a handbuilt trike

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

I still browse through looking for new post.
Seems to be little going on here.
But I still reference friends to here for the knowledge.

I have not kept my thread up to date though.
Mine went off in that "while I am doing this I might as well do that also kind of rabbit hole.
But....it is nearing completion even if a bit over-done.

Return to “The Bull Pen”