Hola peeps!

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
63SSRagtop
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have ridden bikes since my teens.. Always been a Harley guy but realized I pretty much dig all motorcycles... I built Daryl's bike from the walking dead series last year which kinda got me hooked on CB750's and now own 6 of them.. Recently acquired a 70's Amen Savior frame which I'm chopping out with a 70's P&P distributors stretched front end and an old school kick start SOHC.

Hola peeps!

Post by 63SSRagtop »

Heya! Building an early amen savior chop.. probably in weird territory but was happy to find the chopper builders handbook! Had to make a stem as the neck was setup for 1" Harley and the upper and lower triple tree is 7/8.. got that figured out and going in tomorrow then messing with fabricating lower rockers.. perplexed a bit there.. Have a 40 degree neck with frame level, presume a 50 degree line to infinity off the back pivot point then square the centerline of the 21" wheel?
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Re: Hola peeps!

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Hello.

Check " Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers" on this forum, and read "rocker angle" by Shovelhead Dan.

Slow here right now, be patient. :violin:
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Hola peeps!

Post by budoka »

welcome to the forum!

sometimes it gets so quiet in here you can hear the grass grow, but it always picks back up. if you still don't have your rocker geometry figured out after you read the thread hansgoudzwaard pointed you to, let us know what's stumping you and we'll help you get it figured out.

and be sure to post pics as ya go, we love pics.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “The Bull Pen”