The Witch is finally grounded.....

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

The Witch is finally grounded.....

Post by Maz »

Hi everyone. After a year (or two) of fighting a serious illness I have begun to lose my mobility and am facing the prospect of not being able to ride 2 wheels anymore. At the same time, my landlord has sold my workshop and only given me very short notice so I have not been able to relocate and have been forced to close the workshop. Given the combination of these two things, I have taken the hint and decided to retire. I am going to take a year out to see if I can stabilise my health problems before deciding what to do...... hopefully I will be able to go back to "shed building" even if I can no longer run a pro shop...... So I may be gone for a while, but better behave boys, cos the Witch will be back someday...... :naughty:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: The Witch is finally grounded.....

Post by budoka »

Sorry to hear about the horrible hand life has been dealing you recently, Maz. You're absolutely right to take time off to deal with your health stuff, though. i hope you'll be able to get back on 2 wheels much sooner than you think right now (mostly because that'll mean you're in better health).

After all you went through to get your shop up and running well in the first place, it breaks my heart to hear you have to close it down. you're too skilled of a fabricator not to keep building once you get your health straightened out (and you WILL get your health straightened out - that's not a request!).

in the meantime, please keep hanging around here so we can all benefit from your knowledge. this place just wouldn't be the same without our resident Witch.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I do hope manage to " get back on yer broom " I wish you the best ! Please don't stop posting !
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

How bout a three wheeled broom? A few years ago at the Red River bike meet it saw a Sporty with a car wheel mounted on each side like training wheels. Then a little later a woman with braces on both legs and using a pair of forearm crutches made her way to it obviously paying a painful price for every step. She started grinning once she was on it and riding off. Don't give up we need our resident Witch.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Thanks fellas, I am facing the prospect of long term disability which is messing with my head right now.... :hand: However I do have a couple of years worth of pics that haven't been posted on here plus you know how much I love motorcycle engineering so will drop in and post stuff when I feel up to it... :think:

I'm already thinking I might have to go the trike route, not something I wanted to do, especially as I had almost finished two bike builds for myself just before the shop closed.... an Old Skool GS750 hardtail chop and my long term FZ750 Chop Fighter project..... don't know what to do with them now :doh:

I'm due in hospital soon so will see what happens after that..... :pray:

Cheers for now :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz x

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

not for a minute do I believe life can kick your ass and put you down for that long
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Well... You could add a hack to your existing bike ( powered hack wheel , hack wheel or entire hack tilt with the bike ect...) Or build a new bike with those improvements !

Use a fwd car trans behind a big jap engine (automatic would be best choice ) !

:auto-dirtbike: :popcorn:
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

Real sorry to hear about your illness.
Stay strong. Thinking of you.
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I've posted some "teaser" pics of a few of my recent projects in the relevant folder, happy to post more detailed pics of each build if folks are interested..... :think:

Maz

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

what, us? interested in cool chopper builds and stuff? surely you jest!

(ok, i suck at sarcasm. we'd love to see those builds. pretty please?)

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

budoka wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 am what, us? interested in cool chopper builds and stuff? surely you jest!

(ok, i suck at sarcasm. we'd love to see those builds. pretty please?)

-dan
Oh OK then...... just for you :dance:

Maz

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Hi guys, just thought I would drop in to see who's about.... :banana-dance:

DeathBySnuSnu
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: A backwoods redneck from way down south.
Own a custom manufacturing company.
Ain't scared to build anything that I can dream up.
Have had a motorcycle since I was 10, 52 now.
Currently ride a handbuilt trike

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Not much going on in any forum that I am in.

A little bit happening on the facebook.

I have gone to a couple shows. Mostly see baggers with big front wheels.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

DeathBySnuSnu wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 pm I have gone to a couple shows. Mostly see baggers with big front wheels.
Gross!!! I hate those things!
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”