we're back!!!!!!!

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

we're back!!!!!!!

Post by budoka »

you wouldn't believe what i went through to get this forum back up and running. it is back up and running though, so please help me continue what Gary started so many years ago, grass roots, back yard, everyday Joe chopper building.

i will continue to do my best to keep this place up and running for those of you who love to build! please keep posting!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Re: we're back!!!!!!!

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Ya done gooder! It all seems to be working quite well.
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

thanks, man. i hate that we lost about a month of posts, but there's not much i can do about that.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

I think we all appreciate the work you put into this site, Budoka.

Thanks
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

thanks Russ! hopefully people will figure out that we're back up and get back to it.

take care,
-dan
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Thanks from me , Dan.
DeathBySnuSnu
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: A backwoods redneck from way down south.
Own a custom manufacturing company.
Ain't scared to build anything that I can dream up.
Have had a motorcycle since I was 10, 52 now.
Currently ride a handbuilt trike

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Thanks Dan.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Cool man... thanks for the extra work you put in. Hope to start back on the builds again soon.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

glad to see you guys still with us. i was afraid that being down for so long, we'd lose everybody.

i still have to deal with a spam situation that's resulted in our on-site email services being shut down, but that's unrelated to the update issue. i'll get that lined out, too. looks like i have to go through and delete a bunch of inactive user accounts.

i'm just glad to see we've still got folks here. i hope to have some stuff to post soon myself. let's all get this thing rolling again!

take care,
-dan
DeathBySnuSnu
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: A backwoods redneck from way down south.
Own a custom manufacturing company.
Ain't scared to build anything that I can dream up.
Have had a motorcycle since I was 10, 52 now.
Currently ride a handbuilt trike

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

Get with it and build it then.
See if you can come up with something more wonky than my oddball contraption.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Very pleased to see the forum back up and running, I thought it had disappeared just when I retired from my shop and had time to post some stuff
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

dan is the man thanks for keeping this place going I know I appreciate it
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
SoCalBiker
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've got motorcycles in my blood. Growing up with my dad riding them, I feel like I've always had my fingers tightly wound around handlebar grips. My taste for bikes and the family are strong and the only bike I'll ride is one that's been stripped down to the essentials. I don't care for all of high tech stuff on the new stuff. I just want simplicity. not a Limousine on 2 wheels.

Post by SoCalBiker »

woohoo! awesome!! you did excellent, budoka!! awesome job!

Return to “The Bull Pen”