Back from the dead

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Stevensmith1974
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I’m back. I built a bike with the help of all you guys back in 2006. It was the cover bike for The Horse Backstreet Choppers April 2007. The bike is still running and would like to share info. It was a hard tail sportster 883 build with leather genders and tanks.

Re: Back from the dead

Post by Stevensmith1974 »

The geometry is better. Better handling. I bored out the jets about 10/1000 each and man the difference is awesome. The programmable high performance ignition is nice also. I need to open up the rev limiter about 500 rpm more and I’ll be happy.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Stevensmith1974 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm Hi,

I built a bike with help from the “Chopper Handbook” community back in 2006. I’d just like to say that the bike is still on the road. You may remember it as it was the cover bike for “The Horse, Backstreet Choppers” April 2007.
I remember that totally! Good to hear from you .
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Still a real looker. The second pic has a different look on the pipes. No heat wrap and tips turn out.
I like that a little more. A cleaner look.
Have you had any problems with the leather soaking up water from rain?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Post by Fossil »

Remember you and the bike well. Very happy to see both of you back again.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I actually remember your bike from the magazine. Always liked the tank.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain

Return to “The Bull Pen”