Gary is alive

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Gary is alive

Post by krymis »

guys Gary is alive and building.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (214.05 KiB) Viewed 10644 times
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Re: Gary is alive

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Broke down Harley Davidson Blues?
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

Anybody else having trouble getting to the main site? The bookmark I have does not get me there anymore.
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

That link worked, Thanks Yona
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Contact info is not up to date … Email does not work …
devilman
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey, how about. I'm Schulz Francisco Santiago, Chile. I am a mechanic and welder, and while working in the manufacture of live traps for almost all animals my true passion are the vehicles, automobiles and motorcycles, restoration of some and making other. I congratulate you sign up for this well of knowledge, im participate in other free information community, chatarrero rat rodders Argentina, where we arrived at interesting things about how and why. Personally I have a collection of more less interesting automobiles and motorcycles, a Mercedes Benz 250 1972 automatic in restoration , a 1967 Chevy II soon to be revived as scrap pick up, and clearly my motorcycles, a Honda CB 450 Nighthawk modified as between wars bike is my current project Is a beautifull engine. I'm making the girder fork at this time, a bobber carried Motorrad, my vehicle abitual a Maico MD 250 awaiting restoration parts for, a Yamaha Enticer waiting for a change of 350 cc engine, a BMW R-67, 1954 waiting also a part of the starting lever. Also chassis, engines, tires, and parts to make what I can think of.

I think i can help and contribute in this community.

A hug for a distance.

Post by devilman »

Wonderfull!

Never argue with an idiot, low to his level and beat you by experience.
Gremlin
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: It's me, Gremlin, from Winnipeg. I do custom leather and chainmaille for those that want quality. I ride a 2002 Sportster. My son calls me an oversized garden gnome. I am a family man (wife and son) and currently retired.

Post by Gremlin »

That is good news.
I don't make mistakes, I experiment.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Damn glad to hear it. And so am I, BTW...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Frederik
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I started building because of Gary's website, i recently build my First springer and actually missed the chopper builders handboek website for a while, now i see it's back on and happy as a little kid. I really happy this forum exists and Gary's website

Post by Frederik »

So glad! I missed reading his articles, read em about a 100 times allready, but i never get bored. I like the way he writes, it's almost like you were there when it all went down when he's telling about the Old days...
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

I can confirm he is alive, I chatted with him on Instagram a few weeks ago. He’s back in Nor Cal and Virginia City, NV he said. He’s near me, so I’ll probably try to visit him soon.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

I just approved a new account for him, so I hope he sees it and chimes in.

It’s like a damn reunion in here! I like it!

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

Just keeps getting better ... ! ! !
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

Yes, it’s good to be alive. It’s good to know you guys are too! Looks like most of the gang is here. I talk to Railroad Bob on FB. I’m still riding and working on bikes. I sold the last chopper, the 200 tire, to a guy in town who in turn sold it to a guy in the midwest somewhere. I rode it a couple times and it was sketchy as hell in the turns. I’ve been doing dual sport camping rides on my 93 BMW R100GS since 2013. We have a group of 8-10 guys that all ride the old airhead GS’s, we camp all over the Nevada and CA deserts. I also have a 94 sporty 1200 that I picked up that I’m slowly turning into a scrambler for street and dirt fire roads. I also just restored a Honda MR175 Elsinore and I’m starting on a couple old Honda Trail 70’s now (DAX for Japan). What are y’all up to?
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

Yona!!! What’s up brother!?

Craig, I’ve got just a few things going on too, LOL. i bought a 2002 Sporty 883 that i’m gonna turn into an ADV style ride, building a gokart for my kids, turning a Yamaha SR400 into a cafe racer for a friend’s son, cleaning up and prepping a 78 FXE for inspections, etc etc.

Who’s next? What you cats into?

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/

Return to “The Bull Pen”