Gary is alive

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: Gary is alive

Post by curt »

I been building a 67 c10 last couple years not really bike related though
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

Sure is refreshing to see recent entries here.
Yeah, Curt - I scoured the country's internet all last summer for a worthy 67 c10, found one I was gonna trade my 66 Impala for but deal fell thru. Love those trucks. Ended up buying a tool (2004 gmc) instead of a toy.

Still working on chopper tools and skills. I think I'm all tooled up now. But my bike projects are taking a loooong time.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
joe49
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Been on the CBH since 04 been on bikes since 68 'nuff said............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Post by joe49 »

Good to hear.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I won't go into the whole long list, but have been semi retired the last few years without realizing it. I'm trying to get a place built in TX near several cousins. Abilene has an active rod and bike culture, making some friends there. My 91 FXR is there, all fresh except for the chip in my new paint job. No more paying for custom paint, I just screw it up. Bike runs best it ever has. Have a 68 AMX project going, looks like it will be around 430HP and hoping to keep it under 2700 lbs. I traded a pickup and some cash for a 92 low rider a few years ago. Need to adjust the pushrods, put on new shocks, tighten up new windshield, etc. Gave my 59 chevy shortbed to my son, he works on it when he has time. And I had a riverboat I wanted to sell, never had time to use it, wasn't in town enough to sell it, so I gave that to him. Win win, I can use it whenever, and he loves it, takes it out a lot.
Working on my shop/apt here in North Pole. I want to sell it in a year or so, have a place in TX, and stay at my son's place when I'm in Alaska.
Mighty fine to see all the familiar names here.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

:banana-gotpics:
railroad bob wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:18 am I won't go into the whole long list, but have been semi retired the last few years without realizing it. I'm trying to get a place built in TX near several cousins. Abilene has an active rod and bike culture, making some friends there. My 91 FXR is there, all fresh except for the chip in my new paint job. No more paying for custom paint, I just screw it up. Bike runs best it ever has. Have a 68 AMX project going, looks like it will be around 430HP and hoping to keep it under 2700 lbs. I traded a pickup and some cash for a 92 low rider a few years ago. Need to adjust the pushrods, put on new shocks, tighten up new windshield, etc. Gave my 59 chevy shortbed to my son, he works on it when he has time. And I had a riverboat I wanted to sell, never had time to use it, wasn't in town enough to sell it, so I gave that to him. Win win, I can use it whenever, and he loves it, takes it out a lot.
Working on my shop/apt here in North Pole. I want to sell it in a year or so, have a place in TX, and stay at my son's place when I'm in Alaska.
Mighty fine to see all the familiar names here.
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

I just got settled in after another move
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

ImageImage[/img]
Attachments
IMG_3253.JPG
IMG_3253.JPG (211.3 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”