How to have a good chopper event

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

How to have a good chopper event

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Take the Run to Raton that was top shelf excellent add politics! Let the city take it over and they can get rid of a well established preparty that had camping on site so every body could walk back to their tent after the party and replace it with a preparty that was on the other side of the railroad tracks that required riding around 3/4 of a mile to get to and back stoned. With just this one change they pulled it down from wonderful to very good then they moved all the events off site so that I could stand in a fenced off area with no shade or seating to have a beer drug it down a little more. No organized rides pulled it a little lower, half as many porta potties in camp, anyway I think you get the idea I'll go next year but it has lost its premier status.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjQa3CLNZHQRNr9p8
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Fossil
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an old Dude exploring the world while I still have time. Used to be a member here but forgot my login information so trying to re-register. Working on the placer deposits in Nevada so no roads here to ride anything on unless it;s a dirt bike and even that can be pretty hairy. Nice to see that the place is still active. The old CBH is due to go offline in November. Have to computer anymore and cell signals out here are few and far between so it's hard to maintain any type of regular contact with anybody but glad to see a lot of familiar names.

Re: How to have a good chopper event

Post by Fossil »

Everything in Chopperdom went in the toilet when 'business' people got into the arena. The Magazines became crap. How-to articles became bolt-on articles, events became fashion statements and retail operations. Things were much better when bikers ran biker stuff although they were a little more rough around the edges.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: How to have a good chopper event

Post by curt »

i agree all the swap meets here turned into sunglass and t shirt sales with some new parts sprinkled in here and there just so they can call it a "motorcycle " show . i think between ebay and the venue itself charging crazy money to set up a small space killed it off especially ebay .
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “The Bull Pen”