playing around in the garage

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

playing around in the garage

Post by curt »

20211218_141924.jpg
20211218_141924.jpg (99.02 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
20211218_141940.jpg
20211218_141940.jpg (104.39 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
20211218_142032.jpg
20211218_142032.jpg (104.2 KiB) Viewed 3608 times

i havent posted much on here because i havent been doing much chopper work . bought a new house with a garage so i finally got my own shop and still setting things up seems like you never have enough space . i been mostly working on the 67 chevy for the last couple years doing a frame off restoration . my dad has been having problems holding up his bike at lights so he gave me his ultra classic and i been changing it to fit me better . i never drove a full on geezer glide before and now i know why . just to change the bars ya gotta pull half the bike apart so not really chopper stuff but i have been working
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: playing around in the garage

Post by Jeff L »

Seems like a decent sized shop congrats man. Course I’m not working on a truck either. I’ve been more off than on myself but still manage to get something done once in a while.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

thanks i been seeing your posts it is lookin good
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

i know what ya mean about space, curt. my "garage" is 3 20' shipping containers welded together with the walls between cut out. all together 20X24' but not even close to enough.

getting ready to do a frame-off resto on my 69 VW too, so feeling your pain there, too.

have fun playing with the geezer glide though.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

i think i remember seeing a post on the beginnings of your shop . i like the idea of shipping containers . 69 vw bug or bus?
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

actually, neither. Type 3 "Squareback"
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

never seen one before just googled them nice lookin ride .
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

If you're like me, the more space you have the more stuff you pack into it.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

shure does seem like it

Return to “The Bull Pen”