Hard drive crash

Use this area as you will.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Hard drive crash

Post by Maz »

Well it just had to happen :doh:

After all the hard work collecting files and information from all over the world (much of it from you guys) and all my project photos and drawings etc, my hard drive crashes and I lose the lot :angry-banghead: I did do a back-up recently (if I can find where I put the discs..... :whistle: ) but I have had to rebuild my drive from scratch....very time consuming and frustrating..... :angry-cussingblack:

So be warned guys - back up your data :hand:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Hard drive crash

Post by budoka »

same problem took out the CBH main site, except it was freakier - 2 drives simultaneously. both the one being backed up and the one being used for backing up.

i know Yona has fought the same thing.

backup religiously.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I used a E-Z-Recovery and got a lot of stuff back...probably because I did not know how to use to the fullest advantage....after a little shit wipep my HD and installed Windows 7 on top of it .......I kept the H/D intact and have recently found the fuck who did me in....he is trying to get into the Police Academy here......one of those know-it-alls, weapons, martial arts, computers...and this theif want s to patrol my streets....he has been accepted for class of 2013 and about 6 months before , I will bring charges against him ...H/D, plus a lot of email....of me asking him to just fix my stuff right and asking why he put Windows 7 on my drive and all I wanted was XP...which I already owned...he had a master copy and he was pirateing and they had to go back to him when they had problems.... I learned to do for myself ...or do without...! i thought my laptop crashed..put ti H/D in an external case ( $3.95+s&h ) and it works fine... was the motherboard !
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I am NOT a "Hard Man" like they say in Glasgow and have never sought that reputation , But I have on on or two occasions had to demonstrate to certain youngsters (marines) that knowin' how to hand out an ass whippin' aint no good if you aint able to handle recievin' one in turn !

Nothin' worse than some puffed up little worm thinkin' hes all that and a bag of chips just 'cause he has suvived a few martial arts lessons !! Or has been issued a uniform !
SoCalBiker
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've got motorcycles in my blood. Growing up with my dad riding them, I feel like I've always had my fingers tightly wound around handlebar grips. My taste for bikes and the family are strong and the only bike I'll ride is one that's been stripped down to the essentials. I don't care for all of high tech stuff on the new stuff. I just want simplicity. not a Limousine on 2 wheels.

Post by SoCalBiker »

I use a solid state drive in my laptop here and I don't really have any worries about crashes plus I use a cloud service and a home server for backups and storage. but i do make sure i've got backups of everything i've got.

Return to “Feedback, Bitches and Suggestions Box”