4%
Wheres Gremlin?
12%
Jim, just enjoy the meds and quit posting stupid ideas
12%

Total votes: 25

BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

A Challenge!

Post by BIGJIM »

Ok, after working last weekend trying to fix a set of cheap Chinese forward controls for my friend, I got to thinkin'!

Maybe Danny can give us a section, where we as a group will design different parts, those that have the means can make components, sell to members cheap, and offer to the general public, through Ebay parts, with the profits going in part to pay for the forum. and fund the next project.

Here's the challenge, a lot of aftermarket parts totally suck, with the collective minds of this forum we should be able to design high quality parts that are priced right.

And carrying on in Gary's tradition, we would post the drawings in the download section, so DIY's could make their own.

Any takers?
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: A Challenge!

Post by Maz »

I think you have a good point there BJ and it's pretty much what I've tried to do on the old forum - I've cast my vote already - count me in :banana-dance:

C'mon guys, let's do this :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

rakeNtrail
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just a grumpy old welder/chopperhedd Spent far too much time burning wire for a living but hey, one does have to pay the bills ya know! Worked shipyards and fab shops welding about everything stick, mig, tig and sub-arc. Both hand held and automated. Worked weekends in a Honda shop in the late 70's and in an all bike shop in the late 80's thru early 90's. Likes? Choppers, rock-N-roll, NRA and boobies! Dislikes? PC, VD, AARP & NAACP I'm pro business and totally against big government interfering in our daily lives. Live free or die baby and you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Do love little children and puppies though. Both of them can turn me into a 300lb. old softie!

Post by rakeNtrail »

Heh, heh, she called him a Bee Jay! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Where to start? How 'bout a jig? Most of us already have one! The 1st project should be something simple. Call it a test of our ability to play with others.
Earache
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: My name is Earache and I live in Indy.
I ride BMW's and Ducatis mostly, but have severall 1970's Jap in line fours that I want to chop into something useful. They were bikes of my youth, just not too cool to ride any more.
Hopefully, that can be fixed with a little choppin', weldin' and fabbin'.
Like to check in here and the otehr site to get odeas, tips and tricks.
Hope I can contribute something soon.

Post by Earache »

I'm always happy to help out others that need something made. I'm fortunate enough to have my own lathe, mill, welders, brake, shears, etc and am willing to make stuff (spacers, etc) for those that don't have access to equipment.
Be pretty cool if this got going.
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Are you talking a collective effort on projects or each individual making his own with input from the others? I am all for helping out.
Jim
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

ill help all i can
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

jimmib wrote:Are you talking a collective effort on projects or each individual making his own with input from the others? I am all for helping out.
Jim

Collective.

Ok we have a starting point, a jig, I have been toying with the idea of using 80/20 for a while, most of the components can be purchased on ebay for cheap.
Check them out here...http://www.8020.net/
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

That sounds like a good idea! Sounds like a bolt together jig. Ideas for fixtures will be the work.

I'm curious about the cost of bolting vs building? This idea would definately have value regardless.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

rakeNtrail wrote:Heh, heh, she called him a Bee Jay! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
So what's so funny???? :confusion-shrug: :shifty: It seems natural to call a guy BJ if his name (on here) is Big Jim......anyways, I'm sure he'll tell me if he doesn't like cute little old me calling him that..... :whistle:

Maz xx

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

BIGJIM wrote:
jimmib wrote:Are you talking a collective effort on projects or each individual making his own with input from the others? I am all for helping out.
Jim

Collective.

Ok we have a starting point, a jig, I have been toying with the idea of using 80/20 for a while, most of the components can be purchased on ebay for cheap.
Check them out here...http://www.8020.net/
I'm happy to organise this side of the pond if that helps....... :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Gremlin
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: It's me, Gremlin, from Winnipeg. I do custom leather and chainmaille for those that want quality. I ride a 2002 Sportster. My son calls me an oversized garden gnome. I am a family man (wife and son) and currently retired.

Post by Gremlin »

Here I am.
I don't make mistakes, I experiment.
BIGJIM
Stalker

Post by BIGJIM »

It's about time. now the party can start!
:dance: :clap:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I have been looking at 80/20 for my cnc mill/router.....the frame I'm not worried about , it's spending money on the wrong motors, drivers and such....I have a simple tool that I make and it helps me a lot in paint, finish and welding on frames....

It's simple and most i build are from people giving me stuff free and scrap from metal bins...buy it by the pound....

One junk engine stand or a cheap one from H/F and a piece of pipe anf 2 sections of 2" angle a and a flat piece of plate....
Attachments
HARLEY STANDS003.jpg
HARLEY STANDS003.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

:text-goodpost: i usually make brackets to mount my frames to an engine stand so i can turn em while painting sometimes fenders and tanks too couple pieces of scrap does the job
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Feedback, Bitches and Suggestions Box”